Friday, February 3, 2012

Easy Breezy Chicken Finger Recipe

I cringe every time I pull out the frozen chicken tenders for Grayson's lunch. It isn't every day but about once a week I succumb to my laziness and heat up those little bad boys. 50 seconds - done. But I have no excuses for serving quick, easy "crap" to my child. I am fortunate to have the time to plan healthy meals and then to follow through and actually make them. But I just haven't been taking the time. I've been doing better with our family dinners on the weekends but not so much for Grayson's lunches throughout the week.


Parents Magazine posted an easy, breezy recipe for homemade chicken tenders and I had to give it a try. It's the most basic of recipes and you probably already make this at home but I had to share. They are tasty enough for adults as well, take just minutes to prepare and have to be better for you than frozen anything, right?




Chicken Fingers
Ingredients
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 egg
Olive oil (enough to keep chicken from burning)

Directions
Cut chicken breasts into strips and set aside. Beat egg in a large bowl. Place bread crumbs on flat plate. Coat chicken with egg and then transfer to bread crumbs. Heat olive oil in large skillet. Make sure oil is very hot. Slowly place the coated strips in oil until brown, turn over, brown other side. Remove from pan and lay chicken strips on paper towel to soak up any excess oil. Serve immediately.
Delicious, I tell you! :)

1 comment:

Miss Nikki said...

If you want to healthy this up a bit swap the egg for dijon mustard and then bake them at 400 - super yummy ;-)