Saturday, February 11, 2012

Mama giveth a fort; Toddler taketh away

I have probably said this before but I learn a lot of new things every day now that I'm a Mom. Random things that, while they aren't resume building, open my eyes to new, fun things. :) 


While Beau had a session with a trainer this morning, Grayson and I transformed our living room into a fun fort where we read some books. I think he enjoyed himself but honestly, I enjoyed myself more!
Moment of truth - 1.5 people can NOT fit in the tunnel w/o getting stuck!
Beau showed up in time for the reading fun..

 Things I learned:
A fitted sheet is the BEST for making a sturdy roof. 
Incorporate random toys for support beams and you don't have to use your leg. :)

A tunnel entry/exit will wear a child out! Nap by 11:15am...works for me! :)
Boys have more fun destroying forts rather than building them. This is probably my most important lesson learned since I put so much energy into it just for it to be knocked down! But he had so much fun. :)

Last, twinkle lights make everything better. Not just back patios or kid rooms or urban tree-lined streets with fun, trendy restaurants. Nope, they also make forts better. I only know this because of Pinterest but I guarantee we will be incorporating them into our forts soon!

Oh and random note, Beau made us breakfast before he left this morning - Cinnamon pecan pancakes to go with our Snickerdoodle coffee. I'm a cinnamon fiend so it was a delicious, perfect breakfast. Grayson chowed down after a week of not eating at all. He completely lost his appetite from having Croup so it was good to see him inhale the pancakes! :)

3 comments:

andrea andrea andrea leigh said...

I LOVE YOUR FORT! I WANT TO COME PLAY!! You're the best momma!

Unknown said...

Aww, thanks sister! That means a lot to me :)

Blake Blog said...

so sorry to hear this!!! glad you all are better now!