Monday, January 30, 2012

First Day of Preschool

Grayson went to his first day of pre-school today at Teddy Bear Junction! This school came highly recommend to us by our neighbors and we can see why - we simply love the staff and the school itself. He's in great hands and they will teach him so many new, exciting things! 


Coincidentally, they had donut day today for all ages and their parents. It was a perfect first day for both Grayson and me - a chance to meet the other parents and children and to transition to the "drop off". In fact, it worked so well that neither of us had a chance to cry in all of the activity! 
This was his facial expression the whole time walking in. He knew it was an exciting
day but wasn't sure what to make of it so all I got was a cautious grin. :)
Want to make this kid happy? Give him donuts! I'm telling you -
it couldn't have been a better morning. :) 
Mimi went with us since Beau had to catch a flight.
Thanks for taking pictures, Mimi!
My Mom and I went for a nice, quiet breakfast at Paradise and then I spent the day running errands that just aren't that easy with a child in tow. Like "running in" to the store for 3 items, going to the bank and going to the hospital billing office to request paperwork from my appendectomy. 


I also made a promise to myself that I would spend at least one hour in bed with my laptop. Just because I could. Although I was wired from my morning coffee and buzzing around the house cleaning, I forced myself to stop and get in bed. After all, I made a promise to myself. So I HAD to keep it. 


The school called to say that he's doing amazing and it's as though he's been going there forever and fits right in. Music to a mom's ears ;)


UPDATE: When I picked up Grayson at 2pm, Miss Henrietta and Miss Jenn just raved about how well he did all day. The best part: they said he fell asleep over his lunch and Miss Jenn caught him as he was falling out of his chair. :) They laid him on his nap mat and he was out for the rest of the lunch and nap time. I love this story!


My Mom went with me to pick him up and we took him for ice cream after. 
Like any kid, he is obsessed with ice cream.
Later, we went to my parents' house for dinner and my mom caught this on her camera. Do you see that?! No, not my high waisted jeans...THAT is a cuddle, my friends! It totally counts! Get the child tired enough and he starts to cuddle!


1 comment:

andrea andrea andrea leigh said...

Donuts and ice cream!!! I'm so jealous!