Monday, January 9, 2012

Our Weekend

We had a pretty eventful weekend. Nothing life-changing but pretty entertaining ;) 


Friday - My friend/former Account Executive was in town from Houston to see friends and wanted to spend the day with me and see Grayson. I felt SO cool that she set aside an entire day for her "Housewife Friend" - ha! ;) Ashley is mid-20s, uber-fabulous and you can always guarantee a fantastic time with her! Beau watched G while I drove down to Dallas to pick her up. After an adventurous drive around the metroplex with a Pomeranian (long story), we landed on the Breadwinners patio with a glass of wine for lunch. Gorgeous 71 degree, sunny weather - I miss patio time with her! We used to do it on a regular basis after work and pre-Grayson. I took her back to our house to visit with Grayson and then we headed to Razor, our old agency to visit with our co-workers from back in the day. I just LOVED seeing everyone and being back there. I miss the (good) memories of that place!
This is a Pomeranian, right? He only drew blood
on one person, which is apparently a successful day.
Friday night Beau, Grayson and I went to Lori's house for a wine night with EZ, another former Razor-ite. Beau and Allan kept the babies in the other room so that we could chat :D LOVED talking with them and only wish I could have stayed longer. Mother-duty calls though. 


Saturday and Sunday were full of running errands for the DIY drapes in the nautical room and I'm happy to report that they are complete! Only after a LOT of problem solving, many trips to various stores, 2 sewing machines for the NO SEW curtains (sigh) and 1 toddler PEEING on them! I WISH I had video. Or pictures. But alas, nothing. There was too much activity to capture it all.  


I have so much "been there, done that" advice to give regarding this project but no energy right now. I plan to document the steps (and I have much better pictures than these) just in case anyone is thinking about doing striped drapes. Creating stripes isn't your typical DIY curtains so I want to share b/c hind sight is always 20/20 and it could have been so much easier! That will happen some day that isn't today. :) In the meantime...
Shopping for material on Sat. left us empty-handed;
ALL stripes we found were too skinny and vertical
instead of horizontal like I wanted. 
The easiest and cheapest part: shopping for the rope tie-backs.
Beau talked me out of white so that it would look
more realistic. Whatevs.
Beau ended up doing 98% of the work! I really
didn't expect that to happen but glad it did b/c
they would have gone in the trash if it was up to me.
My 91 y.o. grandmother's sewing machine.
Beau reading "The Woman's Guide to Everything Sewing"
was HILARIOUS. ;)
Our new sewing machine when we realized the
60 year old machine wasn't going to work.
Complete! An iPhone picture but a sneak peak nonetheless.
Better pics to come. 
Look at those cheeks! It looks like lipstick but after
a quick inquiry determined that it was either
chapped cheeks from the cold weather (he played in the backyard
ALL day) or a food allergy from raspberries. Time will tell.
Buddies hangin' out while we made dinner.
Salmon and asparagus - Grayson can not get
enough of this dish - hope that lasts. :)

No comments: