Sunday, January 29, 2012

Nautical Room Update

We are slowly making progress on the play room/future big boy room and I thought I'd post some pictures. It's all really exciting and I can't wait to see it completed! 

First, I blogged about the striped drapes here but am happy to report that they look even cooler now! Beau couldn't wait to make tie backs that kept with the nautical theme we have going...
He sketched his pattern on 2 blocks of wood...
went to work in my parents' garage one Sunday afternoon...
And had these puppies ready by dinner time.
Finished product - should we stain them? Probably.
The big picture - sorry for so much sun but you get the point.
I'm very pleased with the way the framed picture turned out!
As I mentioned before, this is Beau lifting up G to a lit up captain's wheel in Maine.
I'm still SO excited about this find!
We had a custom wall decal made in navy and we are very pleased with it against the khaki walls!
Difficult to put up but so happy with it overall.
I remembered thatI had this media center stored in the garage! We are going to re-purpose it as a dresser, which I'm STOKED about. This way, I get my piece of white Nantucket-ish furniture w/o having to convince Beau to buy it! :)
Obviously it needs to be centered between the decal and wall. 
On my To Do List is to find some great nautical-themed classics from Half Priced Books, like The Old Man and the Sea, The Odyssey, Moby Dick to name a few. I have a list of classics I'd like to stack on the dresser.
Toys were moved to the other wall. We have a couple of things
planned for this wall. More to come on that.
Last but not least, my one thing that has nothing to do with  the theme but I had to have it.
I even tried to keep it in the color scheme. Oh well.
Andrea was in town to go to the Design District this past week and we loved having her here for a whole WEEK! She and my mom came home with some fabric for a bolster pillow for Grayson's big boy bed! It's a great stripe that will tie in the red, navy and light blue. I can't wait to see the finished product. 
I really like the stripe at the top of the picture too! 
Getting back to the bed, we have a long way to go with this since Grayson is so not ready for a big bed at all! He flips and flops in his sleep like a fish out of water! I can't even imagine converting the crib into a toddler bed right now. More on that when it happens! For now, we have a really rockin' nautical play room!

1 comment:

Julie said...

The room is looking good! Great job!