Monday, January 23, 2012

Birthday Parties!

Our family has had a lot of fun with birthday parties this month so I thought I'd recap them all in one giant post! 


Dolan's 30th!
Oh, what a night! Jennifer, Dolan's girlfriend, planned a great evening out with dinner in the wine room at Steel (sushi) and then Cigars in the private loft at Havana down in Victory Park. I just get giddy about being back in my old 'hood! The food, wine, friends, all of it was just what we needed. The checking account disagrees b/c ohmygoodness what an expensive night but worth it for one of Beau's best friends! My parents kept Grayson over night, which is a good thing, b/c our car keys were locked up in valet overnight. :( This left us calling the W at about 1am to get a room. OF COURSE they hooked us up with a free upgrade to an awesome suite since we checked out 5 hours later to let the dogs out of their kennels (sigh). See what I mean, Oh, what a night! Hangover Part 3 ended with us climbing out of a cab in our driveway as the sun came up; me in last night's itty bitty dress and heels. Stay classy, Reynolds! ;) Jury's still out on whether any neighbors saw us. 
This was just for the 2 of us! Beau and I get so out of control
with sushi...but doesn't it look delicious?!
McCrea feeding Beau....
Sarah, McCrea and me at the cigar bar. We had so much fun!
Jen (center) put together the perfect party for the impossible-to-please,
Mr. Justin Dolan ;)
McCrea's Cowboy and Indians Party
We had a babysitter come over the following night to watch Grayson while we headed BACK down to Dallas to get our car out of valet and mainly for McCrea's themed birthday party. We were very tired from watching Grayson all day after such a late night so we didn't get to stay too long but it was pretty fabulous seeing everyone dressed up! No pictures but we have plenty with him from the night before - that totally counts. :)


Cole's 3rd at Pump It Up
When did Cole grow up? Sheesh! This past Saturday morning, we went to Pump It Up for Cole's party. It was our first time to this place - it's a whole building full of inflatable slides, bounce houses and mazes. Too fun! Grayson wanted nothing to do with me at this party so I looked like the absent mom sitting on the sidelines drinking my coffee (it was fabulous!). Beau was great with him - taking him on all the fun things. Hopefully Grayson will enjoy it a bit more when he's older. ;) No pictures from the actual jumping b/c they would just be a blurry mess anyway.
Stole this from Annie - Cole is on the far right in the stripes;
Grayson is in the red shirt. They're growing up! 
G loved his cheetos during the snacks & cake portion of the party!
Emmie's 2nd at The Little Gym
Emmie's birthday was the same day but after G's mid-day nap - perfect timing! The Little Gym was another super fun place that we hadn't been to yet. Gymnastics for the itty bitty kids - so much fun! Once again, it was All-daddy/All-the-time for Grayson so I got to sit back and chat with friends. Okay that's not entirely true...I noticed a couple of times I was completely engrossed in the activities and my child and Beau were nowhere to be found. I danced, sang, answered all the instructor's questions, and played with balls and the giant parachute! 
The balance beam!
Low bar with Jett (who LOVED Beau, btw!)
Emmie's beautiful cake!
Grayson sat next to Emmie!
It appears that Grayson was eating from his fork like the other 20 kids.
(In reality, he was the only child stuffing his face with his hands looking
like an animal!)

Our new gift wrap. I had fun wrapping and re-wrapping (thanks
to Grayson) these gifts!
Last but certainly not least, my sister Andrea arrived in town last night and we celebrated her birthday (Jan 19th) with a fabulous dinner at my parents' house. They made something French-ish that I can't even pronounce and our grandmother joined us for the feast. No pictures but Andrea is in town for the WHOLE WEEK so no doubt we'll have some adventures caught on camera. 

Happy birthday everyone!!

No comments: