Tuesday, January 3, 2012

5 Life-Changing Goals for 2012

I'm down to 5 from 11 in 2011 - yes it may seem that way. But seeing how I averaged about 5 successes last year and only thought of my Goal List about that same # of times throughout the year, I thought I'd slim it down and really focus on my list. I have ideas swirling that I want to jot but as they say in the advertising world, these are my 5 "Big Ideas":


365 Days of Declutter.
I haven't proactively done ANYTHING in my life for 365 consecutive days. Besides eat, sleep and go to the bathroom, which are only for survival reasons. This link, which I just decided to do in about 30 seconds, is my new best friend. I'm already 2 days behind. Chop, chop.




Become pregnant. 
I mean, really. I'm tired of being asked, joked with, or whatever. Yes, we're trying and no, it's not happening as quickly as we'd like. 7 months of trying to be exact. I'm frustrated and disappointed. People, what does it say when five couples get together (each has one child) and FOUR of the FIVE women are having trouble having a second baby. You caught me on a bad day, sorry. Anytime I even attempt to get sad about this I just think if we only had Grayson forever, that we have already been so richly blessed and been given more than I could have ever hoped for. If we are meant to have more babies then all in God's time for sure. 

Become a better cook. 
Y'ALL. I'm the daughter of the 1969 recipient of the Betty Crocker Homemaker of Tomorrow Award. There are NO EXCUSES. I always have a frozen pizza in the fridge as a backup and more times than I'd like to admit, we use it. I should be a pizza-back-up-free cook!


Be a better friend/family member. 
I feel like I'm a thoughtful person but I definitely don't show it. For example, I can know that a friend has a big test or interview coming up or a birthday party that I can't attend and I think about them a lot but I don't let them know that I'm thinking of them. Nor do I follow up to see how things went. That's just not thoughtful. I also show up places empty-handed a lot. I hate that. I always think about it ON THE WAY to someone's house. On Christmas night. When stores are closed. (sorry Aunt Gayle :( ) I think this is all a matter of being more organized in my planning and keeping a better calendar of events/birthdays/special moments in OTHER people's lives - not just my own. Then training myself to look ahead at the events on the calendar for the next few weeks. My sister Andrea dominates in the Thoughtful Department. Sometimes we get a letter IN THE MAIL just to say hello. And she always brings hostess gifts. W.W.A.D fo sho.

Savings, savings, savings!
When I think about how many things we need to save for, I want to hyperventilate. Retirement, college(s), a new home, a new car, 4 new tires, home repairs, a new baby, another new baby (I mean someday), another new car, all of the trips we want to take...blah blah blah! We have sworn that we will pay cash up front for our next new car. And since we are so close to having 0 car payments, there is no reason that we can't set aside that money every month for the next one. Or both! And we are starting to stir more than ever about moving (staying in Frisco of course). I never thought we'd get so restless so quickly but it's a good thing b/c it's definitely making us adjust things to start saving for such an expensive decision! Not just the house but the MOVING. Anyway, if we had a different account for each major purchase or goal, we'd have like 35 accounts. My cup of anxiety runneth over. I wish my cup of savings account would too ;) So, 2012 is the year to grow!


2 comments:

Elaine said...

These are great goals! I think I might jump on your bandwagon ( : That declutter calendar is intense (but doable)!

Miss Nikki said...

OMG That picture of your mom is awesome!