Saturday, April 21, 2012

I was the best parent before I had a child...Part II

As I mentioned once before, I used to know exactly how I was going to parent and it wasn't anything like all the parents I saw in public....here are some more examples with my old self in italics...and then the parent that I actually turned out to be :)


Why are you letting your toddler destroy your house?! You should keep him occupied!
I keep him occupied every other waking minute of the day. This 10 minutes to myself means that I get to chat with a customer service rep, to get dressed for the day and go to the bathroom in peace without a toddler insisting that he see what I'm doing down there. That's right, I went there.

HOW can those people talk over their screaming child in the restaurant like they don't HEAR him?!
I'M SORRY, WHAT SCREAMING?


If I ever have kids, I'm NEVER putting them in one of those harnesses! They aren't pets. Maybe spend more time controlling your kid and less time picking out a leash.
Me at Babies-R-Us: Oooooh, I love the monkey backpack/tail leash style! Does it come in leopard?
I HATE Babies-R-Us! Whoever planned out that store should be fired. Nothing makes sense and you can't find anything!
I can get in and out of that store with a bag of goods in 1:30 minutes. Blindfolded. I dare anyone to try to beat me!


And I'm revisiting the "My kids will always dress cute. None of this diaper-only business" because not two minutes ago, my husband said, "You're just going to let him run around outside without pants on? We're those people now?" Why, yes we are. :)
Do these shoes go with this diaper?
What about these?

I'm never posting publicly about poo poo in the potty!
Just kidding, I'm standing by this one! Although now I have a better understand of why people want to scream this from the rooftop. But still, you won't hear about it on Facebook, just here on this blog. ;)

BTW, I should point out that there has been an entire book written about something similar to these posts. I didn't know that before I wrote the first blog post but not to worry, I have no intentions of being interesting enough to author a book. Although I do have enough naked baby buns pictures to author my own trilogy.

I'm out. Later homies.

No comments: