Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Weekend

Disclaimer: This blog apologizes for all the poor-quality iPhone pics. The big camera has been needing a good charge for a while.


Preschools Tours
I guess this wouldn't make much sense without mentioning here that I'm considering going back to work full time! I'm really excited, very ready to go back and I think Grayson will do so great in more of a structured environment! I had a meeting with my former agency this past week and things are moving along nicely. I want to be completely ready to have Grayson in a school so that I can start immediately, if needed. There's just no reason to drag it out. So, I took Beau, Grayson and my mom with me to tour preschools on Friday. It's a decision that Beau and I needed to make together but I trust my Mom's opinion, gut feeling and most importantly her professional background with children, testing, etc. In the end, we decided to move forward with Carpe Diem and I am so, so thrilled with our decision! Gone are the days of "daycare" apparently! They teach computer, music and Spanish daily, which is mixed in with plenty of productive and fun play time! They have cameras in every room so that I can watch from work and they also have an iPhone app so that I can look in from anywhere. Their security system requires an access code and parent's finger print to enter doors. The teachers are all degreed and they are so engaged with the kids - we think Grayson will respond to the low 1:5 teacher/student ratio. They have no more than 10 kids to a classroom. We are simply blown away and Beau and I are actually EXCITED for him to go every day!

A new faucet
Our Saturday morning was full of promise and the potential for spontaneity....until Beau realized that the faucet pipe burst. How's that for spontaneous?
Three helpers!
Taking a break from outdoor play to monitor the situation.
Our Saturday morning ended with this snazzy new faucet! Doesn't it just scream, "I belong in a completely remodeled kitchen"?! Beau and I agreed and have now rearranged priorities (we initially had new landscaping & shared office space at the top of the list). Hopefully we'll be able to move forward with the new kitchen a lot sooner with my new jobby job. Of course you'll hear about that when/if it happens.

Coal Vines
Beau and I gave my parents a dinner at Coal Vines as a Christmas gift. We finally made that a reality last night. What a fun, delicious experience!
I wish this picture wasn't so washed out!
A family picture. We don't get many!
Shout out to my friend Trish who informed me that mint is a must-have color somewhere in your closet for Spring. Another shout out to my sisters who gave me this mint-colored scarf like 4 or 5 years ago. Cheers to not throwing clothes out! ;)

Time with Daddy
Grayson has been getting some much-needed horse play with his Dad recently. I joined in for a bit but Grayson already plays so rough for his age! Even Beau agreed with me. I thoroughly enjoy the giggles that come from this play time :)




Cowboy boots!
We bought Grayson his fourth pair of cowboy boots today! These are particularly special since they are the first pair since he started walking! The others were for his baby months. :) Remember these...

Here are some pictures of our fun today. We didn't end up with the blue boots since they were $100! Not as bad as the ones at Leddy's (where we got our boots in Ft. Worth) - their toddler boots were $250 - 400! I love me some Grayson feet but I have my limits...
Loved the blue boots! :/
Too bad the hats didn't fit!
And finally, I have mentioned that Grayson is at his absolute quietest when he is getting into the diaper bag while he's looking for gum and chapstick. It's a quiet as though he isn't even in the house so he's super obvious! I secretly recorded this video but he caught me towards the end. The way he tries to play it off cracks me up! What a little sneak. :)

No comments: