Friday, March 16, 2012

Grayson is 21 months!

For a while there, I stopped posting Grayson's monthly updates  for fear of boring people or coming across as too into my child. But I've realized that no one really cares - if you don't want to read it, you just don't. And then you'll never think about it again but I will ALWAYS remember. I'll always want to look back at that time and try to remember those months. Here's a silly example for you, we were at the boot store last weekend and a woman and I started talking about the toddler cowboy hats. She asked me how big I thought Grayson's head was at 17 months old. I quickly pulled up my blog on my phone pretty impressed by myself that I have that information written down! But I didn't! I didn't do an update that month, although I wanted to, because I was worried people would be bored. Do you remember me skipping 17 months? No! Do I? Yes! So on that note, here is month 21....
  • 32 lbs! You are now one of the tallest kids in our play groups. We moved you to size 5 diapers and you now wear a 7 1/2 Wide shoe! You are in 24m bottoms and 2T everything else. I actually have you in 3T polos and t-shirts from Old Navy.
  • You are sleeping from about 7:30 or 8pm - 7 or 8 am. I love this!
  • You said "Mama" and pointed at me the other day and it brought Mimi and I to tears. All of these incredibly clear words just go to show that you know exactly how to talk - you're just holding out on us! You stopped talking altogether there for a while so it has been so fun to hear the words come back.
  • You have started saying milk, "NO" and "knock knock" while knocking on the wall.
  • Yes is "yeah, yeah, yeah" with an incredibly enthusiastic nod. Seriously, the cutest thing. You know exactly what you do and don't want. You're like this little adult!
  • You used to be a great "helper" but now you are a DOER. You no longer get a thrill of running over and POINTING at the dog doo, no. You want to scrape it into the dog doo scraper-thinger-pan. But your cute, non-cordinated self just gets dangerously close to touching it or flinging it in my general direction - eww. But you don't care! And I love watching your interest. 
  • You are still SO interested in sticks, brooms, mops, rakes, yard sticks, anything that can be swung like a sword. ;)
  • You are growing increasingly interested in heavy construction equipment and get so excited when you see it out the car window. You can spot it so far away when I haven't even noticed it yet. Pretty cool!
  • You now try to clip your own nails just like you have watched me do for you. And you try to do it JUST like I do. It's pretty funny :)
  • You have perfected the whole "buttering up" of us. You will stand there and kiss our legs and smile until we melt with love and then you ask for a cookie or point to something you shouldn't have. The first to give in EVERY time is Pop. Root beer, ice cream, cookies, random kitchen tools you shouldn't play with and yes, the leaf blower in the house are all things you know you can get out of him! He's so weak when it comes to you!
  • Other things this month...
You like feeding the ducks. :)
Watching movies with the Asel kids. Maddie was holding Molly tight because you LOVE babies and wouldn't keep your hands off her baby sister.
You ate popcorn with Maddie later that night  while we all watched TV.  Too cute. 
You like plugging things in. But since we don't let you play with electrical outlets, you use other things like bowls. :)
You smile so big when we ask you to!! 
This is so blurry but the only picture I have of your puckered up lips. To DIE for! 
You have a special bond with Ma. She came with me to pick you up from school and you dropped what you were doing and RAN to her with a huge smile. Not only did that mean so much to her but the teachers were just in disbelief. You have always had something special with Ma! :)
Still a fan of pockets :) 
You LOVE watching videos of yourself. This is you watching one and just laughing at yourself. You actually sit still to do this and I love this time with you.
My beautiful boy going to church.
So content with milk and animal crackers.

Ahhh, you're are the cutest in your penguin towel!

No comments: