Thursday, March 1, 2012

Things I love Thursday: Spring Edition!

I am giddy about Spring! I always am, I guess. But it's a season of such renewal and fresh starts, I feel. Here are some things that I'm loving this week, whether they just happened or I'm in the process of planning them for Spring...


Parent's Anniversary
Today is my parents' 23rd anniversary! Time flies when you're having fun! We sure do get a kick out of seeing them so much these days. Grayson made them a pretty tissue paper flower and colored a card for them. (Side bar: we used this tutorial and it was easy, breezy. I will NEVER buy those poms for showers and parties ever again. This took less time to make from scratch than those $14 ones take to unfold!) Happy Anniversary, folks! And here's to many, many more!


Planning our trip to Naples!
Beau and I are so excited to go visit our friends Nikki and Brad and their new baby boy, Weston! He's seriously brand new - born this past Monday morning and Y'ALL, he's CUTE. See?
SERIOUSLY adorable baby!
It's hard to believe that by the time we actually get to Naples (late summer), that tiny baby will be sitting up and all that jazz. We are excited for our beach trip with them and to just spend some down time with them. And of course we can't wait to have Grayson at the beach for the first time! I'm pretty sure he'll love it since he loves all things water. Oh and I picked these up at the outlet mall for Grayson...
At least I think those are them. I wouldn't exactly remember since I bought them in January. Spring fever runs strong and early in this house - I can't help it. I will be thinking about this trip all spring/summer!


Family pictures
We have a session booked with a photographer that several of the girls in our play group have just raved about. She has even done several families in my old play group and she does a great job! Even better, she is a fraction of the cost of most photogs. I feel so, so guilty stepping out on our regular photographer but it's either this new one or no session at all. :( What is a family on a budget to do? Go with the newbie, of course. We have these coming up in a couple of weeks and I am loving planning the outfits. Of course now that I NEED to shop, I can't find anything. When I can't shop, I find everything that I want. Happened for my wedding outfits too. Can't wait to show you these in late Spring!


St. Patrick's Day!
Beau and I are looking forward to going down to Dallas to celebrate this day with our friends! The day kicks off at 10am with a breakfast at Whitney's house, then maybe to the block party for a while and then maybe to some house parties. We haven't done this in a while so it should be fun! If you need me in the next 2 weeks, I'll be perusing the mall for the best green outfit! :)
I think this was 2008. We have many years of pictures just like this so they tend to run together. :)
Anyone remember the year that Beau spent the day with a top hat sticker on his forehead only to become sunburned? He spent most of the day walking up to strangers saying, "Top 'o the mornin' to ya" in his worst Irish accent and pretend-tipping the top hat....ahh, those were the good 'ol days. ;)


Planning Grayson's birthday party
I just love planning these parties! So many fun options. We are definitely doing it at the house since it will probably be our last birthday here for a while. After this, the kids will be old enough for activities and location-style birthday parties! 


Swim lessons
These are happening in April and I'm VERY nervous. Anyone who knows me knows I don't do well in water. But I'm excited to be with Grayson while he takes this next big step!


Teacher Appreciation Week
This is next week at Grayson's school and he will be taking lilies to his teachers! They each have a favorite so we'll be waiting until the last minute to find those (kidding ;)). We're also taking them a homemade dish for a dinner with their families (so they don't have to cook) next Friday. I'll also be volunteering in the classroom so one of the teachers can have some time off. Date TBD. I can't wait to see what goes on in that room! :)
Ms. Henrietta likes calla lilies
Ms. Jen's favorite is the stargazer lily.
(I selfishly just posted those pics to this blog so that I know what I'm looking for come Monday morning when I'm scrambling for these and running late.) :)


Beau is home this week!
I love having him here, I say this all the time. Even though I don't show it (it's tough with him working in the house, Grayson screaming and me trying to accommodate them both). But I love having him here at the end of the day to eat dinner with us and to lay around with me. I've done a pretty good job sticking to my weekly planner of meals, activities, to do's, and play dates/appointments. 


Village Burger Bar
I had dinner Wednesday with all the men in my life: Beau, Grayson and my dad. They have 1/2 priced bottle of wine on Wednesdays and it's become a thing for us. Not every Wednesday, but I'd say once a month or so. Delicious food and it heated up really well for lunch today! :)


Finally, what should we do for our 3rd wedding anniversary (April 18th)? Should we leave town? Remember, last year we did a night away in Dallas and went to one of our favorites, Hibiscus, for dinner. Or we could go to Napa! I just invented that idea. More to come on what we decide!


Happy, Merry Spring to you!

1 comment:

Miss Nikki said...

YAY love the shout out and LOVE that you are planning a trip! So excited!!!!