Thursday, March 22, 2012

Grayson's Latest Interest

I mentioned in Grayson's 21 month update that he has really taken a liking to construction equipment. He points them out and gets so excited when we drive by a construction site - it's pretty adorable. So I thought it would be fun to wake up one morning and surprise him with a trip to Toys R Us to pick out some construction toys and books about the different pieces of machinery. While Grayson is more interested in books now than he ever has been, the books were selfishly for me so that I can learn the difference between them. You should see us when we drive by a site and I'm like "what do you see?! Um, a yellow, um...big, uh piece of construction equipment?" 


So after a quick trip to get the toys, we headed to Half Priced Books and scored 5 books for under $20 (score) and I'm MUCH more knowledgeable on this stuff now! Front end loaders, mixers, bulldozers, excavators, cranes, and if you don't know what it is, just call it a tractor! ;) 


Missing the pieces he was playing with but you get the drift.
The really large book at the top left is about 5 puzzles - one of each piece of equipment - so much fun. 


You may wonder why I'm so excited and thus, blogging about this. Two reasons. 1) I love seeing him grow and develop interests. This is really his first long-running interest outside of household items (tongs & shopvacs don't count! :)) and 2) we haven't really bought toys outside of Christmas and his birthday. It's rare that we just jump in the car and head out to buy new things like this. It was a fun morning for us and I could tell that he knew it was a different day than most others. And here we come full-circle, he's getting old enough to know that this was a treat :) Not to mention, the way he says "tractor" makes my heart melt!

1 comment:

Miss Nikki said...

Too funny you just posted this because I was bored during a feeding yesterday so I read one of Weston's books about dinosaurs for the same reason - of course I have a few years before he starts asking but he has lots of dinosaur themed outfits and it made me realize the only dinosaur I know by name is the T-Rex. I should probably go ahead and brush up on my tractors too while i'm at it ;-)