Sunday, November 8, 2009

Questions & Updates


I promise I won't always talk babies (yes, I will) but lots of changes going on now....


First, I get a lot of the same questions from people – here are some of my favorites:

When are you due?
            Around June 26th, 2010


Do you have any symptoms?
            Yes, the typical 6. EXHAUSTION, frequent urination, crazy emotions, nausea, lots of saliva and sore boobs. I have a new respect for expecting women! I was going to be the fabulous prego chick in heels and skinny (maternity) jeans, dancing the night away with my girl friends (w/ a water in hand) proving that nothing has to change just b/c I’m with child. Ha! I’m still “fabulous”….if that means unbuttoned jeans under a baggy shirt, passed out by 8:30pm on the couch, saying ‘no’ to social events that begin after 8pm, but if I do make it out finding the nearest bathroom in case I need to hurl and the nearest chair  b/c I just want to SLEEP. All the time. If that isn’t fabulous, I don’t know what is ;-)


Do you miss wine?
            Yes. Do you know me? I also miss soft cheese. Sushi. Coffee. Crab & shrimp. Corona Lite. And I also miss anything else that I can’t have that I don’t even know about yet ;-)


Were you trying? / Was it an accident? / Were you surprised? / Did you mean to get pregnant?
            Really? Have some tact! I totally get the curiosity b/c a) everyone knew/thought I didn’t have baby fever and b) we never told anyone we were planning for this next step. It was very important to both Beau and I that we keep this between us in case we struggled with it. I just had this feeling that it would take us a long time and we didn’t want anyone (our parents) expecting a “Good News!” call every time the phone rang. So yes, we were “trying”.


Second, here are some things I have cried over that would NEVER have had me crying 2 months ago:

  • The DMV closing at 5 when their website says 6 and me showing up at 5:15 - tears
  • Almost getting mowed down in the parking lot of said DMV by a distracted motorist on his cell - hysterical
  • Getting confused by the stupid Parker/75 pass over and ending up heading South when I was trying to go North on 75 - emotional breakdown
  • (P.S. the top 3 all happened in the same afternoon - NOT a good day!)
  • Biggest Loser voting off the girl that lost her husband and babies in a car accident - actually I would have cried at this anyway
  • Beau not being "excited" enough about baby talk - was I expecting a ticker tape parade? Yes.

Last, here are some changes being made around the house:

  • Beau and I are switching sides of the bed! He is closer to the bathroom and walking ALL the way around the bed to get there seems impossible at 2am. In fact, I just lay there debating whether I should climb over him and whether that would make him mad. ;-) Sooo, why do I have to pee so much when nothing is even pushing on my bladder yet??!
  • We are keeping Brinkley outside during the day more so that he can use more energy and be calmer in the house. I’m still trying to figure out how we will have a baby crawling around with our two dogs – they lack any concept of personal space!
  • We now have a baby-mobile! My parents so kindly traded us their Yukon for my Camry. I should have thrown out baby talk years ago! J



No comments: