Saturday, November 14, 2009

WTF will never be the same!

My company has a Work Time Fun (WTF) event about once a quarter and they vary from Cinco de Mayo parties in the park to the occasional big event like everyone heading out to Sneakie Pete's on Lake Lewisville. They bring everyone together outside of the office and are always a good time. This past week, we had our first ever "mystery" WTF event where they simply told everyone to meet outside in front of our building at 1pm and to dress comfortably. I'm still in amazement at how they kept this a surprise from everyone!.....

Three charter buses awaited us, each with snacks and a keg of beer. For about an hour, they drove us past everything from a putt putt place, to top golf, to Dave & Busters...Finally, we pulled into the parking lot of North Park mall. The surprise? A big "Thank You" from RAZOR to the employees for our hard work - each one of us received $200 in North Park Gold and about 4 hours to play. What a treat!! It was fun (and very different) to shop with co-workers. I bought sweaters but my favorite story of North Park Gold being well-spent was a group that headed to the patio of Kona Grill for drinks. :-) That probably would have been a part of my plan too about 2 or 3 months ago!

Everyone had a great time and I will never forget that day! Truly special! Philip, a co-worker and friend, and I joked that we could hear Oprah in our heads, "YOU GET $200! YOU GET $200! YOU GET $200!". hehe...

Here is a shot of Anna, Carissa and I coming off our bus. I'm sure we will be seeing this picture again in a staff meeting....




Finally, I will never forget the VP/Operations pumping the keg like it's something she does every day - too funny!


1 comment:

Earlene said...

I LOVE, LOVE the photo of you all coming from the bus! It's a "Price is Right" moment - "come on dowwwwn"!!