Sunday, January 10, 2010

16 Weeks (or 4 months in normal time!)

I love the weeks where people can easily compute my progress! I have kind of gotten a kick out of the few seconds after I tell people "I'm 14 weeks." or 15 weeks or anything that makes people take a second to do the math in their head ;-) So, here we are at an easy 4 months and I'm just thrilled! Soon I will be able to feel the baby move, which I think I did feel yesterday. But it could have been gas bubbles so I don't know. But I look forward to the days that it becomes more distinct!

How your baby's growing:

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

Once again, caught a little off guard b/c I consider an apple larger than or the same size as an avocado but I'm not one to argue with the professionals and their fruit comparisons.














Switching gears: If Hanky Panky undies (& the very similar, uber-comfy Gap lace undies) are "One size fits most", does that mean I can wear them through pregnancy? Or is the exception to "most" prego ladies? They are super stretchy and comfy and thanks to my sweet, sweet friends and one awesome lingerie shower, I can maybe avoid buying maternity undies. I'm not sure how my body changes will affect the under garments in my life but I guess I will find out in due time...


4 comments:

Kristi said...

I never bought msternity undies and now being 37 weeks I have no plans to! My normal ones are from Gap too. :) They will try to sell you them maternity ones like crazy at Pea in the Pod.

Kristi said...

What is up with all the typos in my comment? Anyway, you get the idea.

theseemanfamily said...

Same here...I never bought maternity undies, no need!

Unknown said...

Great - thanks girls!