Sunday, May 20, 2012

23 Months!

Less than a month until you turn 2, my dear! You will always hear people say "They grow up so fast!" and "Where did the time go?!" but until you have your own kids (my grandbabies!), you will just never understand how true it is...

You weigh 35lbs. You are almost too heavy for me to carry you. :( But I have faith that you will thin out like most kids and stay at this weight for a while. I mean, right?! I'm not sure how tall you are but pretty much everyone tells us how big you are and how they can't believe you aren't 2 yet. Cool for a teenager to hear maybe but I really want you to stay a tiny toddler for as long as possible!

Size 5 diapers, 2T everything, 3T in some brands (Old Navy), 7.5W shoes moving to 8 pretty soon (I think).

You are a bigger helper than ever before! You carry as many tools as you possibly can under your arms (as I mentioned in the last post) and are by our sides every step of the way for any task. It's simply wonderful watching you take such an interest in things and really seeming like you want to learn about it.

I'm not sure how many words you "should" have but you are adding so many more each week. I have so looked forward to hearing your voice! I imagine you could be saying more but I'm content with your progress! I was worried there for a while. ;)

You call me Mom. Not Mama or Mommy. Mom. I feel robbed! But I love hearing it. I'll take it. You call all of us by name every time now. You particularly call for Pop A LOT. And if I don't tell you where he is, it goes like this:

"Pop. Pop. Pop. Pop. Mom? Mom? Mom?"
Yes, honey?
"Pop. Pop. Pop."

That said, once I tell you where he is (work, the store, at home), you're satisfied with the answer. So cute.

On that note, you are so good with us setting your expectations! We have drastically limited tantrums just by explaining to you what is about to happen. That you will play outside after your nap. That you can get down to run after we finish a few errands and that you can have dessert after your finish dinner. Your Mimi discovered this and you are incredible with being satisfied with things once you know what's about to happen. It boggles my brain that your brain comprehends a series of events like this. Thank God because that temper was getting ridiculous. ;)

You can now open doors. You can tell us what you want to eat. You still have a great appetite and love to dip foods. If we have a dipping sauce, you'll eat it. :) Such a bad habit.

For a good 2 weeks, you were telling us every time you had to go to the bathroom. I wasn't ready! While we didn't discourage it (we enthusiastically took you every time), we didn't encourage it either and you kind of just forgot about it. :/ I'm confident in our decision to wait until you're older. You still need to get better at dressing/undressing yourself (you're getting there!) and I want to wait until after our beach trip. So bad, I know. I'm thinking August but could totally wait until January on. Seriously, no rush here!

You are expressing a lot of interest in sports these days. It's a lot cooler than things with motors, like shop vacs, hair dryers and leaf blowers. :) At least, more fun (and more manageable) for me. You love to swing a golf club (not the plastic ones, your Dad's real ones), love to throw a football and baseball has been a favorite for months. I so badly want to know what kind of teenager you will be and if you will play any sports but I'm already freaked out about how much you've grown already, I can't imagine a teenage Grayson!
You and your Dad were hitting golf balls and Brinkley would fetch and bring them back.
Great idea!


A few other things....
You still light up when you see Ma and love to spend time with her! 
Your kisses are something else these days! Plentiful to say the least - even
Aunts Amanda and Andrea get them via pictures! :)
You are showing a great interest in reading and books these days. A relief for me because up
until a couple of months ago, you couldn't care less. 
These rosey cheeks after outside play are the best!
A real chair with real plates and real silverware. It's all so REAL. 
You're much better at drinking water like a big boy. We still have room to grow though ;)

You love wearing hats and playing outside with Mimi!
It feels so good to have you in great hands when I'm away!
You are such a ham! You make the strangest faces when we ask you to smile. Such a hoot!
I received this picture of you hanging on the patio with Ma and Mimi
while I was in Florida. You were so happy :)
You ONLY eat olives by putting them on your finger first.
Definitely an Aunt Andrea and Aunt Amanda move.
We are so proud of you and the big boy you're growing up to be. And how effortless that seems for you. We love with you everything inside of us, Grayson Luke! xoxo

No comments: