Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend & Silver Dollar Ball

Here's what we've been up to...


Took pictures of Grayson - I decided to bring out the nice camera for some pictures. I was planning to get Grayson dressed in something cute but he was going on outfit #3 of the day and neither of us felt like messing with it. I have 7,000,000 pictures but here are 3. You're welcome.
Self tanner (or BBQ sauce). Obviously the face of regret.
His surprise face, of course.
I like the antique finish offered in iPhoto editing. This bench just calls for it.


Broke out the Jeep - We bought this at a garage sale about a year ago and finally figured that Grayson might be old enough for it (even though it says 3 years and up). Check out the video - he drives it like a champ. ;) My baby is getting so big!



Spa Day - What a special day Beau gave me - 6 hours of spa treatments with plenty of down time between them and childcare while I was gone. I can't say enough good things about Stonebriar Spa in Frisco. So comfortable, clean and friendly. The staff was professional without being snooty (did you hear that, Four Seasons?) and I felt so relaxed there. If anyone does book an appointment, ask for Angela for a 90 minute massage and Jenna for a facial. :) 


Beau watched Grayson in the morning then my mom came over to sit with him while Beau and the neighbors played golf. A little side bit of info - while they were playing, Scooter got word that both his son AND dad were in the ER at separate hospitals for different things. Lowery was hit in the head with a golf club and needed stitches and Scooter's dad was in a car accident and totaled his car. Both guys are A-OK! How's that for a dramatic day?! Do you think they stopped playing golf?! .... ;)


Piper's birthday party - I'm so sad that I didn't get any pictures of Miss Piper with her adorable shirt and matching cake! (which was so delicious and by The Cake Stand btw) Rain brought us in from the park but it was a great time regardless! So much so that Grayson got a black eye. Ha! All in good fun. Here is the only picture I did take...
Mmmm cake. Loved the pink/green combo!
This is Rick, Liam, Beau, Grayson, Ken and Emmie.
Silver Dollar Ball - Beau and I accompanied my parents to this huge event last night benefiting American Cancer Society. People showed up in their boots and hats, dressed to impress, and I loved all the people watching! My Mom's good friend Beverly owns the ranch in Aubrey, TX that has hosted this event for the past 5 years. I'm so happy she invited us all and that we got to be a part of it. The live auction was TOO much fun! It ran a little long for my taste but the items were all really interesting! A longhorn, mini champion horse, signed sports stuff, a private party for 100 with Jack Ingram performing (I DIE!), custom hats, boots, trips to Hilton Head, etc. All lovely but I was ready to see Joe Diffie perform! No, you don't remember him? Of course you do. Google him. His music shaped my middle and early high school years so it was really fun to see him live. I could go on but the rest will be in photo captions. :)


The sky was so beautiful! Even without my snazzy Instagram app.
I LOVE being out in open spaces! Something I miss very much from my South Texas days. The air is different. You can breathe. The smells, temperatures, skies, stars. Everything is just better. :) Beau and I vow to live on property someday.
Mama and Jeff - they are such a blast.
My beautiful Mom
One of the decor "sets"
My Pick Up man ;) NOW do you remember Joe Diffie?!

Drew Pearson auctioning off his signed jersey (center) and to the left, a man holding up a Staubach one too. Went for like $7k. People are crazy!
Blurry miniature horse butt. Sorry, that's all I could get. But he was precious!

Joe Diffie can pack a dance floor!
This has really been a perfect Mother's Day for me. A perfect mix of Grayson time, Beau time, Me time and family/party time. The icing on the cake is that Beau has booked me a flight to travel with him this week to Florida!! He will be there for business. And I will be there to play. ;)


Happy Mother's Day to my family/friends of human babies, fur babies, scaly babies and all the like! xoxo

1 comment:

Earlene said...

Love the photos! And thanks for always being so sweet & complimentary!