Monday, May 21, 2012

Grayson's Last Day of Preschool

Today was the last day of school before summer break. I didn't plan on doing a blog post about this but I have some fun pictures and it was a surprisingly emotional day (for me). Are you sensing a trend here?


I asked Grayson if he understood that it was his last day and he answered, yes. Sure enough, he gave extra long hugs to Miss Henrietta and Miss Jen and even asked me to pick him up so that he could look in the room one last time. :( His teachers and I were all pretty touched by that. He just seemed so much more grown up than this time 4 short months ago when he started in January. I really wish we had the whole year with his 2 teachers! They are so, so special and I'm bummed that I didn't get a picture of him with them!

Grayson posed with his nap mat and in his new outfit - both from his great-grandmother, Ma!
His face when I said, Smile (sigh)
We started the semester with ice cream after school; we ended with ice cream!
We capped it with a fun walk around the Shops.
Yesterday's boo boo with today's HUGE, bad boo boo on his forehead. What a send off! Miss Henrietta felt so bad about it.:( He fell of a bike while he was trying to "fix it". :) Poor baby! 
He so loves the fountain at Shops at Legacy. It's hard to pull him away actually.
He would clap when it started back up and was very concerned when it the water would go back down, saying "Uh oh!". Here's an unnecessarily long video of him applauding the fountain:
We had to duck into this little shop completely dedicated to team gear.
Playing peak a boo with the sales lady. I think he looks like a girl here. ;)
Had to buy it for him. Such a big boy.
Play time with the neighbors. He is so much younger than them so it's sweet to watch them help him with the glue and stickers and such. :)

Today was especially sad because we are leaving Teddy Bear Junction to go to Bright Beginnings in Frisco in the Fall. I sort of cried a little when Kathy, the Director, hugged me. What a great school. They will be missed but assured me that he has a place there if BB doesn't work out. Good to know!

No comments: