Thursday, May 31, 2012

Things I Love Thursdays - June Eve Edition

June Eve. That makes sense, right? Moving on...things I'm loving today....


My Mom's Retirement - It was a big decision for my parents to uproot their lives in Corpus and move up here and that included my mom closing down her practice and entering early retirement. I know she misses her career but I love, love, love having her so close by to pick up and go on my most random of adventures or  boring of errands. She makes everything fun and I know I'm so, so lucky to have her here. So many of my friends don't have family nearby so for her, I am so grateful. 


Hmmm, I mention our adventures but my only pictures are of them on the couch ;)




Here's one - just had a cinnamon roll at Paradise with Mimi this morning!
Rainy days and nights - The thunderstorms and hail have been intense the past few nights (just ask our wimpy dog, Brinkley) but I love being curled up in bed listening to the rain. Or on the couch in PJs most of the day with my baby. Plus, with the Frisco water restrictions in full force, our yard has been so thirsty! Our plants just look happier. :)
This dog has given me so much grief the past 3 nights of thunder.  Shaking and insisting he sleep in the bed with me. As you can see, I had a huge problem with this. ;)
My boy fell asleep on the couch before 11am yesterday despite his nap time being at 12:30. And slept for 2 1/2 hours after I moved him to his bed. The rain just does that to a person, I guess.
Pinterest ideas - I get a kick out of making something from this site that actually turns out well! These mini pot pies were perfect for our play date today. Here is the link.


Play dates! These little suckers can wear out my child and have him taking a 3 hour nap in no time! The best are when we have people over here so that there's none of this falling-asleep-in-the-car-trying-to-transport-to-the-bed-thus-missing-lunch business. We had our neighbor Lowery over today! Later his sisters and his Mama joined us for popsicles. 
Lowery, Maddie and Grayson
Television - I know this is controversial and I shudder just a little every time I even mention it, but Grayson is showing a little more interest in his kid programs than before and I'm pretty stinkin' happy about it. He digs Sesame Street and since it's educational, I'm cool with that. I've said a billion times that I know there will come a time where I wish he wouldn't watch but if I can get just an hour a day of him watching some educational programming, that's one less hour in the 100+ degree heat this summer! He just doesn't have any interest in being inside these days. Plus, I've gotta get him into movies before our flights/road trips in Florida this summer! :)
He made it almost 30 minutes through Sesame Street! 
Mouth gaping and everything. Grover gets him every time. :)
Beau + Food + Home....I have a husband that comes home at 5pm today! His Thursday flights can get in pretty late so I'm stoked to have him home in time to see Grayson and eat dinner with us. I also love a fully-stocked fridge and planned meals for the weekends. Looking forward to laying low with my boys, some food, some movies and our house! We don't do that very often!


A fun month - Grayson and I both have birthdays coming up, our Life Group is having a pool party at my favorite house in the world which is in Prosper, we start My Gym with our play group and Soccer Tots continues on Saturdays with Piper and her parents. Oh, and there better be a girls' wine night in my future. Just sayin'.


Reynolds family weekend begins at 5pm today - holler! Have a good one!

No comments: