Friday, May 18, 2012

Transition to a Toddler Bed

We have made the leap to the toddler bed! I didn't put much thought in to how much of a change this would be! The biggest seemed to just hit me. My "baby" isn't in a crib anymore. There is no turning back and I'm kind of crushed. :( I just didn't think to cherish those last couple of weeks. But also there's the other stuff like years ahead (possibly) of him coming into our room at night. Or refusing to go down. Or like today when I put him down then got in the shower like I often do. And then it occured to me that I probably shouldn't have done that b/c he could be wandering the house or going out the doggie door and I'd have no idea! Eek. 


Besides my mental breakdown, Grayson did great! We started with naptime so that night time wouldn't be too big of a transition. He lay right down, didn't try to get out once and really didn't even squirm through the 2 hour nap. Now, I've been a mom long enough to know that just because they do something once by no means they will always do it that way. So I'm prepared for a lot of sleepless nights and short naps ahead! 


Meanwhile, here is our transition in all it's glory!
Grayson was by his Dad's side every step of the way. He enjoys helping!
Holding the screws for his Dad.
But that wasn't enough. He wanted to HELP.
He ran and got all his tools to assist. Melt my heart! It was the cutest thing.
Overjoyed that he could be of assistance. (Love the color-coding, by the way :) )
The final product!

Couldn't believe how fast he went down. 
I love how he puts his hands behind his head. Such a guy. :)
Wish us luck the next few nights and weeks! I'll provide an update soon. OR hopefully I won't because it will be so un-newsworthy! :)

No comments: