Friday, June 18, 2010

Grayson Luke is here!!


Grayson made his dramatic entrance into the world on Tuesday, June 15th at 1:43pm! He weighed 7lbs 7 ounces and was 20 inches - a recipe for perfection :) We were scheduled for a Wednesday morning c-section but he just either couldn't wait or wanted a 6/15 birth date b/c it was a rather eventful day before of delivery! Beau and I woke up Tuesday morning and had a HUGE breakfast with my parents. I was taking in all the activities of Tuesday as my "last" before baby arrived. So I went for my "last" pedicure around noon with my mom before I headed for my "last" prenatal massage before the big day! I began having intense gas pains during my pedicure and fortunately made it out of there in time for a perfectly set of painted toes because the next hour involved increasingly intense "gas pains", Beau rushing me to the hospital, nurses confirming that my now-shouting-out-in-pain "gas pains" were indeed contractions and that I was 3 centimeters dilated. Wait, what?! I thought I couldn't go into labor with a breech, cord around the neck, pregnancy. Apparently you can and thus an emergency C-section is in order with a flurry of nurses, a doctor who was on the scene in 5 minutes (but his office is15 minutes away - how did he do that?!) and being rushed through the halls on a wheeled hospital bed just like on TV. 


And that brings us to 1:40-ish on Tuesday when I was laying on the c-section table and heard the doctor and nurses buzzing, talking about nuchal x4 and how none of them had seen anything like it before. Poor Grayson had that cord around his neck FOUR times, not 3 like we thought, and it was tight. Really tight. In fact, they had to cut it before they could get his poor little head out of my stomach (and while the rest of his body was out). We are BLESSED that he is safe and healthy and everything happened the way that it did. Talking to the nurses later, it all could have gone terribly different if my water had broken and if he had tried to descend. I can't even think about it.


So, Happy Birthday Baby Grayson and happy day every day after and I can't wait to spend them with you from here on out! 































No comments: