Thursday, June 10, 2010

Last day at work/First day of maternity leave

Yesterday was my last day at RAZOR before my maternity leave - what a bittersweet day! It was much tougher than I thought it would be. It made me realize that my work is a really big part of me and so are the people that I work with. I will really miss them! :-( It's difficult to unplug today and I even stayed until about 6 o'clock yesterday. That said, I'm sure once Grayson arrives, the office will be the furthest thing from my mind! :)

Everyone gave me a wonderful send off - the client was SO sweet on our weekly call. They, and everyone else, wished Beau and me the very best. Our COO, who if anyone could make my cry it's him, wrote me the most wonderful letter and gifted me a very generous amount of North Park gold to spend on myself - no one else! I think I can manage that!

I miss my peeps already!!

So, how did my first night and morning of maternity leave go? Well, the TV doesn't work so I spent time watching Sex and the City DVDs, took a shower because I was so bored, had a bad dream that Shelby was hit by a car, which led to insomnia so I planned my To Do List and woke up at 6:30 this morning on my own. NOT how I had planned! I'm sure I'll get used to not having work emails blowing up my phone or having the routine that I have had for years. I REALLY want to enjoy these last days/weeks before the baby is here.

Here are some random items that I came up with for my To Do List....don't laugh! I already have everything else completed!
  • Dry cleaning
  • Find a recipe to cook tonight for Beau (it's never too late/too early to try to be Betty Crocker for my hubby, right?)
  • Clean garbage bin handles (seriously, they are gross)
  • Pack Beau's hospital bag (maybe he should do this...)
  • Make arrangements for Shelby while we are in the hospital
  • Finish Thank You Notes
  • Contemplate a bikini wax (I can't be the first woman who recognizes that there will be like 6 people looking at me under bright lights....but then I don't want to look like I tried too hard for them either...decisions, decisions...)
  • 1/2 Priced Books
  • Target

I won't bore you with the rest of the list - it's a full page!!

I think I get some kind of fetal monitor from my doctor today - I'll be in touch on that one... :-) Happy first day of maternity leave to me!

No comments: