Friday, June 4, 2010

My 30th Birthday

I am now realizing that I don't have one picture of my 30th Birthday...you will just have to take my word that it was simply the best! I'll be quick....

My 30th was yesterday and while I worked that day, it was a day full of a doc appt and sono in the morning with VERY good news! Which I can't divulge. Then, I went straight to Manny's TexMex where my co-workers and friends threw me a Birthday Lunch/Baby Shower! They are so sweet and so special to me! They are some of the most generous people I know and I'm really going to miss them while I'm out on maternity leave. :(

I had an afternoon full of meetings and tying up some loose ends then I headed for home. Beau had flowers and the sweetest card waiting for me! And a new kitchen sink head. Just kidding, he was going to do that anyway and that just happened to be what he was working on when I got home (works great btw!). He took me to The Cheesecake Factory where we had (are you ready for this?)...fried macaroni and cheese balls (yes, they were delicious), stuffed mushrooms, potstickers, the Sonoma Burger and topped it off with Adam's Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple Cheesecake (I only know the entire name b/c they are my client - promise!). Everything was to die for! We brought the cheesecake home b/c I started feeling REALLY uncomfortable at the table - I swear it wasn't all the carbs. ;-) It's just how I am these days. Topped it off with a movie and a GREAT foot rub from the hubs (you would NOT believe these cankles!!)....and I took today off work, loving it!

Overall, it was a fantastic Birthday and now we look ahead to tomorrow where my parents are having a non-Birthday non-party at their new house where many of our friends and family will gather to not wish me a happy birthday - can't wait!! :-)

No comments: