Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Week One Progress

We are now into our second week of Grayson's life and I'm really feeling like he knows that I'm his mom. I was really wondering in the beginning, you know with him sleeping 22 hours a day and all. How could he know who was taking care of him?! He is beginning to smile more, stay awake more often and his grip around my finger seems to get stronger every day. And I'm not so bad at all this! I have surprised myself. And, of course, Beau is perfect at it all but no surprises there. I'm still mastering the boy parts. If I could just learn that an upward facing boy part = soaked baby, I'd be good. And Grayson would be dry [sigh]...

Some updates:

Our first trip out of the house was perfect - no one bothered us! Where can I guarantee that no one, and I mean no one, will want to touch my 6 day old cuteness and spread their nasty stranger danger germs to him? Lowe's on a Monday! The people that are shopping in Lowe's during the work week could care less about a baby - ha!! It was fun, quick and a good test for me. I'm still nervous though. His next trip will be to his first doctor's appointment tomorrow.



















Naked tummy time - how else would you do it? Kidding - we are treating a case of diaper rash the old fashioned way....air drying the bum! Isn't it a cute wrinkly thing? It's almost cleared up.:)

















Wonder who he gets this face from? His Mama.

















Look at this AMAZING cookie bouquet?! Aunt Linda, Uncle David and Kathryn sent it and I assure you a) they are no longer in this house and b) they are even better tasting than they are pretty! This is the Thank You email we sent them :-) Grayson is wearing is Bevo bib that they gave him for the shower. Bevo's ears are a washcloth - CUTE! What's even cuter is that the bib is bigger than this little boy right now. Ha!













No comments: