Monday, September 3, 2012

18 Week Pregnancy Update


We really know the gender now after last week's appointment! A boy! Can't you tell?.....
Ha! That's actually a joke sonogram that the tech did for us. I think the "man-sized penis" is really the baby's arm. ;) But it's provided a lot of laughs with friends and family! :) Here's the real one...

 
That is, without a doubt, Son #2! And we're thrilled! I have a killer video that shows how much this baby moves (like WALKING up the wall of my uterus - so weird/cool to see!) but Beau needs to figure out how to lift the non-sharable video from the disk. More on that later. 

Here is the rest of this week's update....
At 18 weeks, Baby is the size of a bell pepper!
How far along? 18 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 10 or so lbs.
Maternity clothes? Yes, please.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: So much better! I mean I don't sleep through the night by any means but I feel rested when I wake up. It's all I can ask for.
Best moment this week: Feeling the baby! At least, I think I felt him.
Movement: See above.
Cravings: No cravings really. Still love my sugar candy. And sometimes (like this morning), I loudly state how cool it would be if I had donuts. A lot of them. And then my husband appears with them 15 minutes later. The best! (I see him tiring of this quickly)
Symptoms: No more headaches! Whew. That took some time. I also noticed that I don't have acne like I did with Grayson. Out of breath a lot quicker these days. I still have the 2nd trimester energy, which I love. 
What I miss: Margaritas. Not so much wine and champagne anymore. But the sound of a margarita can really make my mouth water - ha!
What I am looking forward to: Now that we are hands down sure that it's a boy (yay!), I'm looking forward to finalizing a name. It's so much harder this time around, I'm really surprised. Also, feeling him move a lot more! And finally, looking forward to Fall, my Colorado trip in a few weeks and the holidays! I can't believe once all that flies by, that we will have a baby arriving!
Weekly Wisdom: I just don't have any wisdom these days. I don't have anything any more figured out than I did the first time. I don't even know if I can feel him yet, I mean sheesh!
Milestones: I have to sleep on my side now, we now know gender so are moving forward with nursery decor and naming. I'd say it's a good place to be! :)

No comments: