Tuesday, September 18, 2012

We have a new niece! And other not as cool things...

Fall is in the air and things are picking up with our schedules around here! A welcomed shift from the long, hot summer. My friend Alison writes beautifully about this in her blog entry titled, "Doing the Seasons." This term plays in my head a lot and I love it. :)

Most importantly though, we have a new niece!
Edi Jones was born Wednesday night weighing about 8 1/2 pounds, beautiful and healthy. All we can ask for! Beau's sister, Kara and Todd took Edi home on Friday and we went out to visit them on Saturday. She seems to be such an easy baby so far and slept most of the time we were there. :) 
Cousin Payton (Reyn's daughter) holding Edi. Now all 3 Reynolds kids have kids. :) 

The 3 Reynolds grandkids. Payton loved her some Edi. Grayson was more interested in playing with tools and bubbles outside.
Look. How. Cute.
Silhouette
My mom and I took Grayson to a silhouette artist at The Posh Petunia yesterday. This guy is incredible! Armed with just a black piece of paper and some really sharp scissors, he cuts these from scratch with absolutely no sketching or drawing and is finished in under 5 minutes. It's really cool to watch him work! He's from California and his work is offered in Restoration Hardware - Baby & Child (umm, for $160 and it's not even your kid! Shaa right, we paid $25 :) ). But cool nonetheless since I originally got the idea to do this from the Resto catalog in the first place! Total coincidence that it was the same guy. I really look forward to having the new baby's profile done since my vision is to have them hanging on each child's bedroom door facing each other :) Possibly the only perk to having their bedrooms so close to each other :)  
Eyelashes!
Week 3 of school
What a weight off my shoulders that this transition back to school has been so easy. Grayson kisses me goodbye and walks right into Ms. Jenny and the other kids, sits at the table and begins the morning's project. He seems so grown up to me when this happens. I'm still expecting last year's tears! Gosh that was hard. Also, the Director of the school greeted Grayson by name this morning. She's either really good at what she does or he has given her reason to know his name! Time will tell...

Lunching 
I feel really fortunate that I'm free to coffee and lunch with friends and fellow-organization members (more on that below.) Here are some recent favorites that I recommend: Butternut squash ravioli - It's like dessert! And only at Maggiano's for a limited time. Oh, and Lori and I split the huge chocolate cake. Pregnant girl heaven for both of us! Also, the sweet potato fries at both Breadwinners and Mooyah are awesome! Not sure why I had been doing regular fries all along. New places you should try: Chocolate Angel for lunching in Plano - but make a reso - amazing place! And for lighter/healthier, Cedars Wood Fire Grill in Frisco.  Last, I know everyone raves about the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbuck's but it's too perfumey-tasting to me! I ask for 1 or 1 1/2 less pumps than usual and it brings it down to manageable. I'm sure I'm the last to know but thought I'd share.

Hope Park
I have officially joined the team of volunteers for Hope Park, a first-of-its-kind development for children with special needs right here in Frisco. The kids have had a hand in designing it and there will be features that just don't exist in our parks thus far. It will be 100% funded by donations and sponsors so we have a big mountain to climb to reach the projected $750,000 it will take to build in early 2013. I'm helping with the marketing side of things (duh) and submitted my ideas for our next event last week. They were really well-received and I'm feeling so proud and happy to be a part of it all! More to come on that event, Pairing for the Park, a wine pairing in October!

Play dates and birthdays
Beau and our neighbor Scooter were rather spontaneous last Sunday and decided at 4:30pm that we should do margaritas and dinner at our house. I swear they weren't this fun when I wasn't pregnant and would have loved a margarita! The Asels emptied their pantry in about 15 minutes and we actually pulled off a really good meal! And Beau loves to get the outdoor speakers cranked up with a good game of corn hole so there's that. Overe all, a lot of fun.
How do you feed 8 people in a pinch? A grill, a boxed cake and A LOT of mac and cheese and beans!
Brayden turned 2 this past weekend and Martha and John had his party at one of our favorites, My Gym! We hadn't been back since our membership expired so it was fun to see Grayson go back. 
Brayden is far right in the plaid shorts. Happy Birthday, buddy!
Grayson (center) put his hands to his mouth when he was in suspense - thought that was pretty precious :)
MOPS
These girls are always doing something! Several times a week in addition to the regular meetings. I enjoyed a MNO with them last night and last Thursday. They also do a dinner during the week for those of us with traveling or coaching husbands. I do that with my play group too so it's nice to fill up those week nights with other activities besides showing up on my parents' doorstep - ha! :) 

What Grayson's been up to...
He's a creative scavenger!
Why are the turtles on top of each other? Uhhh, they're playing leap frog. Moving on....[I have got to become more knowledgable on random stuff]
Oral hygiene, y'all!

No comments: