Sunday, September 9, 2012

This Week's Recap!

Smedbergs in town!
I mentioned before that this past week was Weston's first trip to DFW! They spent half their week in Dallas and the other half staying with the Rockenbachs here in Frisco so we got to see them a lot! Overall I think Brad, Nikki and Weston got to do everything and eat at every restaurant on their list. Nikki, Kristi and I even spent Thursday shopping and lunching while Gray and Emmie were at school - it was fun to be stay at home mamas together :)
Dinner one night at La Hacienda Ranch
MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers)
I am sincerely and genuinely thrilled that I a joined this group of women. Our first meeting of the year was this past Friday and it is everything that my friends (Alison, Julie and Annie) told me it would be. I just can not wait to dive deeper into the events, lessons, speaking events, etc. Just the message from the Coordinator's introduction on Friday has stayed with me all weekend. I'm also so happy that they have Bible-based curriculum planned out for the kids. I know Grayson is in good hands so that I can enjoy myself with this fantastic group! More to come on this, I'm sure!
Tree Down
I've had Beau convinced that it's very difficult for me to do any big projects while watching a 2 year old (mainly b/c they undo everything you DO).  So imagine my surprise when I returned home from a little child-free shopping to find that Beau had cut down the dead 20+ ft. tree in our front yard all while watching Grayson! He totally blew my cover! ;) We're really sad to see that big tree go but the yard doesn't look so bad without it surprisingly. Stupid parasites (or whatever killed it in a matter of days.) Thanks to Beau for cutting it down and hauling it off all on his own! 

Naan/Dolan's Housewarming party
Beau and I had a lovely dinner out with the Cooks last night. It was our first with them without kids (you may remember our family-focused Memorial Day trip to their lake house this year) so it was awesome to have some uninterrupted conversations - they are a hoot!! We look forward to more laughs with them. Sad that I didn't get pictures. I mean we had MAKE-UP on our FACES. And there were HEELS, people. And no pictures, pfft.

Speaking of no pictures, we later headed down to Dallas for Justin and Jen's housewarming party. Their place is incredible and we had a blast staying out until after midnight! with all the SAEs and their wives. So sad we didn't capture any of it. There were some hysterical moments with those kids. :)

Grandparents Day!
Ma's community had a big party for Grandparents Day today with food, crafts, mini golf, a pinata and some fun toys. We always enjoy visiting her over there - it's such a busy, exciting place! Not like you'd ever think of an active senior living place. I tried to get some of the same pics from this time last year but it just didn't happen. ;) 

I want a million more of these "4 generations" photos!
Family of 3.5
Beau bought Grayson a real, legit golf club for kids. Still a little long for him but he loves it. 

Grayson is twooooo! ;)
Ma and Gray playing with the new frog she gave him :)

1 comment:

Alison said...

Yay for MOPS starting! I always go home with a little bit stronger resolution to be a good Mommy (and slightly higher baseline patience, baseline being the usual zero.)