Sunday, September 30, 2012

22 Week Pregnancy & Grayson Updates

This week, Baby is as long as a spaghetti squash!
It's also what's for dinner. Which is kinda weird...moving on!


How far along? 22 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I don't know but I gained 5 lbs in Colorado alone! :)
Maternity clothes? I made the gutsy move of ordering maternity jeans online. In RED! I know, I know, I'm a big believer that wider spaces should probably steer clear of red jeans so I'm a little worried about how this is going to go....stay tuned!
Stretch marks? So far, so good. But I have got to get better at applying my cream!
Sleep: Good with the exception of the worst allergies in anyone's history ever. I just can't describe the intense itching, runny nose, itchy throat, watery eyes that only appear after 10pm. Zyrtec helps 9 out of 10 nights but omgoodness that 10th night is sleepless. :( I've even tried changing our fabric softener (thinking sheets?) but no improvement. 
Best moment this week: I was able to take Ma and my Mom to the sonogram appt. to see this little guy. It was Ma's 92nd birthday and I don't believe she's ever seen a sonogram in person. ;) She was so excited and we capped off a successful doc appt. with a lovely lunch at Chocolate Angel! Oh, the doctor said that this baby is in the 90th percentile for size (I don't remember them measuring like that with G?) so he said we'll need "to watch that." I assume that means take him a tad early if he gets too big? Dunno.
Movement: His movement is getting stronger and I can roughly tell his schedule. Certain times of the day there is a lot of movement and just today, it was such a force that I saw it and made my arm move too. I love feeling him move :)
Cravings: The same. I only want sweets, things that go with milk and meats are gross unless fried or slathered in something. Covering them in mashed potatoes or fettucini sauce helps. I'm going to gain 200 pounds this pregnancy, I just know it!
Symptoms: Just the terrible allergies! They only appear at night but did strike during the day in Colorado on Friday. Misery. There is nothing worse than constantly having to blow your nose and mouth-breathing upon meeting people for the first time. (sigh)
What I miss: I would say events with multiple cocktails (i.e. Oktoberfest, Greekfest, etc.) but I had just as much fun at the bachelorette party and felt great the next day. So I guess I don't miss much! 
What I am looking forward to: Seeing Grayson meet this little guy and watching them grow up together. I have always wanted to have boys to see how brothers grow up together. I just can't wait! Oh and matching them, of course :)
Weekly Wisdom: I would say that being pregnant requires more thought into special occasions and wardrobe since we're dealing with so few options. I just didn't prepare enough for CO and cooler weather. It's hard to shop for winter in 96 degree TX weather! :/
Milestones: We have a name! I think....

Grayson Updates - 2 years, 3 months old
  • Oh man, is he growing up! The dancing and singing and talking and busyness and energy! I just can't keep up anymore! I say it every month but this is my favorite age! ;)
  • 3T tops & 2T bottoms, Size 8W shoe, Size 6 diaper, and hats have been 3T and bigger for a while ;) 
  • G will begin going to school 3 days a week next week! I'm excited for him b/c he likes it so much and seems to really benefit from it. Ms Jenny has the cutest stories about him too! She really takes the time to capture it all.
  • We continue to be told just about everywhere we go what a BIG 2 year old he is. He is the same height as the few 4 year olds he's been around recently.
  • He got 4 new teeth in recently but he didn't really act any differently. 
  • He's really liking his Disney movies more. Lion King is the latest favorite. Anything with dinosaurs too.
  • Our night time routine was rough there a couple of months back but we have gotten back on track and bath/teeth/book/bed is working great. I always need to remember how badly they need a routine at this age. 
  • The repetitiveness (repetition?) that friends told me about is in full effect. "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, come on, come here, come on, come on." Repeat 300x a day.
  • We removed the child lock on his door since he clearly was aware that he was being locked in. He still stays in his bed (except for the first 2 nights - that was creepy finding him in the hallway!) and comes to get us in the morning. When he wakes up, he walks over to turn off his noise machine, closes his bedroom door behind him (which I love b/c it gives me a warning that he's coming) and staggers in to stand by our bed. He hands me my glasses, hair tie and phone and then pushes the covers off of me. There is just no sleeping in for me! But I love that he has it all figured out :) He just seems so grown up.
  • Gray is really into wrestling and horseplay these days! It makes me nervous b/c not only is he the biggest one usually, this age isn't quite there with the horseplay yet it seems. So, we've had to put the kibosh on rough housing with Daddy since G started fake-hugging his friends and then body slamming them to the ground. Sound familiar, Beau?! ;)
  • He's definitely in the 3-word phrases phase. I'm not sure when it happened but he has mastered the "I want ___ " :)
  • He can put back some food. Always interested in what others are eating and always seems to be hungry. I know feeding growing boys is expensive but I thought that was in middle and high school, not at 2!
  • Also into - still loving construction equipment, tractors, tools (we now have lumber INSIDE the house), raiding the pantry, drinking our crystal light/water drinks (calls them "juice"), playing ball with new people, golf and baseball still, bubble baths, and helping Daddy work on the house. ;)
  • A few of his cutest words:
Lowery (neighbor) - Wooowery
Plyers - pyers
Please - Meeeeeease
Gum - Dum, Dum, Dum, Dum, Dum, Dum (repeat 100x)
Smile! We love you G - just stop growing up!

No comments: