Saturday, September 15, 2012

20 Week Pregnancy Update

How am I already half way through all this?! Actually, more than 1/2 way since we'll schedule the c-section for 39-ish weeks. People have always said the second pregnancy flies by and I just couldn't understand that but I get it now. :)
At 20 weeks, Baby is the length of a banana! (I get my photo opps where I can these days)
Bump goes the belly.
How far along? 20 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 10ish lbs.
Maternity clothes? I'm still loving my little maternity wardrobe - it's not getting old (yet.) I remember being so over my clothes by the end of the last pregnancy. A little nervous because I really bought quite a few new summery things but now that Fall is showing itself, I'm realizing how much I DON'T have for winter. That stinks too b/c I'm kinda over shopping for maternity and more excited about nursery and baby stuff!
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Same: So much better! I mean I don't sleep through the night by any means but I feel rested when I wake up. It's all I can ask for.
Best moment this week: Beau and I were both able to feel the baby really move for the first time - at the same time. Just so happened that it was on a weekend and we were laying in bed watching a movie. I'm so happy to feel this baby move and as long as it keeps happening, I don't even care about my doc appts and sonos :)
Movement: See above. Actually happened right after I posted the 18 week blog post, so a couple of weeks ago.
Cravings: I'm really put off by any kind of meat :( and I'm all about anything that can be eaten with milk. Cereal, graham crackers, cake, muffins, peanut butter sandwiches, etc. I'm really aware that I need to get protein in where I can. Doing an okay job of that. Meat by itself, yuck. Meat slathered in cheeses, cream sauces, rolled up in dough or pasta and we'll talk.
Symptoms: I'll just say it. My boobs are big. Any bigger and I'll have to buy new bras. I HATE buying new bras. Especially for short-term, fleeting-moment boobs. But from a former A-cup gal to the rest of the blogosphere: these things are cool! :)
What I miss: soft cheeses. I had one night where I splurged on some goat cheese goodness at Gordon Beirsch and then spent the next 2 weeks until my next appt. regretting it. So, I take back anything I said about being relaxed with what I eat. I miss soft cheese so much!
What I am looking forward to: Nursery next steps. We have the bedding, paint samples on the wall, lamp, and ideas for wall decor and drapes. Just need to finalize things. We're going with navy and lime green. Not too different than the navy/pale green we started with for Grayson's nursery (that eventually turned into pale green/cream/touch of navy). It will look like a different room though, which I'm most excited about! 
Weekly Wisdom: Eat your fiber, ladies. And your fiber gummies and fiber pills. Do it.
Milestones: Half way along and we're 99% decided on the name - woo hoo! Also, doc office called and all the Downs testing came back negative. She used the word "perfect," which still freaks me out when medical professionals say that. But then again, the pediatrician used that word at Grayson's very first appointment and I kinda agree... :D

No comments: