Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Happy 2 Months, Grayson!

Grayson is 2 months old today. How did we spend it? With a wonderful lunch at The Cheesecake Factory with our new friends Lori and Piper! I worked with (I use that loosely - we maybe spoke once in the past 3 years) Lori at RAZOR and she went out on maternity leave a month before me and gave her resignation about 3 weeks before I did. It turns out that she lives a mile away from me so Grayson and I are very excited to have them around! Lunch was fun and we can't wait to hang with them again!















I later went to my parents house where my Mother gave me a tutorial on making Coq au vin, which was delicious! She is typically the baker in the family, the Master Baker if you will. Haha, sorry. Inside joke. Anyway, this is what Grayson did the rest of the afternoon:


If nothing else, please appreciate the precious shoes that our dear friends Stephanie and Kris Pessarra gave Grayson. Thank you.

You always hear people say that they grow up so fast and change every day but my goodness, it's happening before my very eyes! He discovered the mobile on his pack 'n play yesterday and was mesmerized by it! Newsflash kid, it's been there all along. ;-) He is also starting to rock back and forth while he stands on my legs. Cutest. thing. ever. He's so happy when he does it too. He also loves being outside. UGH. Yes, in the 100 degree heat. Strange for a kid who is a SWEATER! Hellooo, perspiration. He is just beginning to smile back and it warms my heart!! I live for that smile. I can just see it now:




Grayson (age 16): Mom, can I take your convertible?
[what? i'm totally going to have one, one day]
Me: No. That's my 'cedes.
[what? i'm going to have a Mercedes convertible and i'm going to call it my 'cedes]
Grayson: (insert smile) Pleeease? I love you. And you look particularly thin today.
Me: Okay, but be back before dawn.


See?! I'm toast.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Loving you SAHM posts! So excited for you and your 2-month-old boss!

Unknown said...

Thanks Elaine! he's the best (and the baldest) boss I've ever had ;-)