Friday, August 13, 2010

The Pedicure


To you, this picture may spur questions like how can I live with such a tired-looking pedicure and why I have waited so long to get another one. But to me, these toes take me back to two months ago (yes, I've had this pedicure for 2 months!). These toes remind me of the day I was sitting in the salon chair with labor pains so bad that I ended up in the hospital for an emergency c-section and holding my new baby not an hour later. :) This pedicure was the subject of lots of laughs and chatter among the nurses (they believe this is what jolted me into labor) and this pedicure was with me during c-section, meeting my new baby, my wonderful hospital stay and the past two (best) months of my life. So, you can understand how it's kind of emotional to say good-bye to this now-terrible-looking paint on my toes. 

I'm ready to say good-bye to it as we hit other milestones (like moving into size 2 diapers and growing out of the newborn insert of the car seat). But it's not easy! 

No comments: