Saturday, August 21, 2010

This Week in Pictures

You better believe you are about to see a whole bunch of 9 week old baby....

Mimi (my mom)bathed this little thing twice this week - she is a big help! Grayson seriously loves his baths, which is good b/c we are going to have to bump up the frequency notch with his new storage system....you can imagine the ick factor when I realized how much stuff was in Grayson's 37 neck roles...lint, Shelby hairs, formula, etc. 

Thanks for keeping me clean, Mimi!



































Grayson is really starting to recognize me and make eye contact. He smiles back sometimes when you smile at him. It's beginning to feel like he gets that I'm his Mom. He grasps a little tighter when I hold him and he fits perfectly in my arms :-) He would rather I hold him than just lay there and he definitely lets me know this when I try to put him down. Now that this is happening I can say that it didn't feel this way when he was a newborn! I would love, love, love him and he was pretty disinterested until it was time to eat again. He couldn't make eye contact nor did he care to (haha - kidding, it's b/c his eyes weren't focused yet) and he really only took interest in me when he was hungry. It was like one of those dating relationships where you like the guy more than he likes you and you just give and give and give and he just takes. Ha! Yes, I just likened my love for my child to a bad high school relationship. :-)

Last night we went out with my parents to celebrate my Mom's last birthday in her 50's and Beau's last in his 20's. We went to a swank restaurant here in Frisco and the food, wine and atmosphere were wonderful!! Who knew that there was more to Frisco than Macaroni Grill and The Cheesecake Factory! It's our new spot as my Dad said & I look forward to actually having a reason to dress up! Of course we didn't get any pictures of ourselves or the restaurant b/c that would actually be blogworthy and I just don't think like that when the champagne is flowing...oh well, here's one of Grayson waiting to go to dinner....totally bored.

















Grayson can finally fit into the cuuuute onesies that our dear friend Becca Caney made for him...she is at Darling Deuce Designs if you see something you like. :-)



















She will do a matching burp cloth with any onesie...

1 comment:

Earlene said...

I love the way he never stops looking at me during his bath. He loves the water. And I LOVE him!!