Monday, August 9, 2010

SAHM Day 1, Lesson 1

Today was my first official day at my new job: Stay At Home Mom to Mr. Grayson Reynolds. How do you like that?! It has been just like maternity leave lacking one notable difference. This internal debate: "should I go back to work? should I not go back to work? [repeat]" Overall, a productive yet relaxing day. And....

I only managed to destroy two things. Ridiculous, I tell you.

WHAT: Our two master bathroom white rugs.
WHERE: Washing machine
HOW: With hot water. 
ESTIMATED VALUE: $80
LESSON LEARNED: Never wash rubber-backed rugs in hot water!! They deteriorate and the laundry room will smell like melted rubber! And trust me on this, you will have a mess to clean up.

I cut the tags off the rugs b/c I hate tags. I'm also new to washing things in hot water so I thought I would try this to kill germs and such. Ugh, lesson learned on my first day as a SAHM!

For more information, reference the 3rd tip here...

No comments: