Sunday, August 8, 2010

A New Beginning

With many, many mixed emotions and a heavy heart, I announced my resignation from my position at RAZOR on Friday. I never dreamed it would be as difficult of a decision as it was nor did I expect the emotions I felt. It occurred to me that I hadn't realized how much my career was a part of who I was - right, wrong or indifferent. I mean, if you think about it, usually one of the first several questions someone new asks you is, "What do you do?" I have always enjoyed my career in advertising and it has been so easy to talk about it with new people. I have also really loved The Cheesecake Factory brand and not working for them every week day (and sometimes weekends. ok, and sometimes some nights and holidays too) will take some getting used to. This is a new beginning for me as "Grayson's Mom" and I will cherish it! I have learned over maternity leave that this new chapter won't be easy, in many ways, and it will take some time for me to figure it all out but I'm excited about it all. :)

Overall, I couldn't be more thrilled that I have this incredible opportunity before me and Beau and I feel so blessed that it's an option for now. Who knows what the future will hold for us but I will never forget these days at home with Grayson no matter how long it lasts!

I hope to keep in touch with my co-workers. The higher-ups that I worked so closely with gave me some incredible compliments that I will always hold dear to my heart. They have also given me the option to come back full-time, part-time, contract from home, etc., which warms my heart and soul and eases Beau's mind and pocket book ;-)

If anyone wants to do lunch, call a sister!! :)

No comments: