Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cheddar Worst, I mean Wurst

Holy fat grams did I have an eye-opening experience this week! I have been buying package after package of these cheddar wurst links since a) they are delicious and b) they are an easy, quick lunch (or dinner) for both Beau and me. And, who am I kidding, since I am no longer breastfeeding my little lactose intolerant angel, I have been ALL OVER dairy products. Anything cheese-infused is a bonus! Sooo, you can imagine my surprise when I happened to glance at the nutritional content (which I try never to do) and saw 19 grams of fat. IN EACH LINK! Now I'm no Jillian Michaels but I think that's excessive and could quite possibly land my family on her Biggest Loser show if we keep this up. So, farewell to my relationship with melted cheesy hot dogs. It's been yum.

No comments: