Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Texas State Fair 2010

What an amazing time we had yesterday! It was Grayson's first ever State Fair and really my first without the TX/OU game being my first and foremost priority. It was nice to go just to eat, see the sights and be with my family. Beau, Grayson and I headed out with my Mom and Jeff and we splurged on every fried food you can imagine: fried s'mores poptart (mmmm), fried frito pie (heaven), fried margarita (not what I thought it would be), corny dog (a staple!), sausage on a stick, turkey leg, beer brat and sauerkraut, wine tasting, lots of beer, some Greek food and last and definitely least, fried beer. I can't remember the last time I spit out food because it tasted so bad. Nor can I remember the last time Beau or my Dad didn't like a food that they have tried (ha!). I think that wraps up the food portion of our fantastic day!

Did you really think there would be a post without Grayson talk? The best $25 ever spent?! 5 on this hat and about 20 on the awesome drawing! The hat fit perfectly, which I can't believe and it was a huge hit with all the passers-by. Enjoy and get to the Fair if you can - you won't be sorry!
 Mimi and the Stud Muffin at the wine tasting - a great area for some shade and relaxation!




















No comments: