Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Baby Food Maker!

It IS a baby food maker, not a baby maker as I keep calling it. So. many. jokes....

I am really excited about my decision to make Grayson's baby food! I am doing this for several reasons - primarily because it saves a lot of money and it's healthier for him.  But an additional perk is that overall, it's better for the environment than bottled food. Also since I'm staying home, I have the time/ability to do this. I would never dream of doing this if I had a full time job so I'm totally not knocking the bottled food! 

My parents gave me this fabulous baby food maker for Christmas! It comes very highly recommended from friends and professionals/critics from various things I've read. It's sold at Williams Sonoma and so far, SO GOOD! It's makes things easy enough that it's still fun. :) It does everything in this one little machine. I have successfully made bananas so far only to find out that bananas don't need to be pureed. You just add water and mush 'em [sigh]...oh well, next up apples and pears today. It all freezes really well so I plan on making about a week's worth of food. Grayson has liked everything he has tried so far (including plastics, rubbers and cottons) so hopefully, the streak will continue so I don't have to throw it all out! 

1 comment:

Courtney Schumacher said...

We have been making Henry's too and bizarrely I am having such fun doing it! I bought Charlie's and am now kicking myself for all the money I wasted, oh well!