Friday, December 31, 2010

The Holidays Bring Friends In Town

One of the many reasons that I love the holidays is that it brings friends home. I guess I used to be one of those people always going home to Corpus for the holidays but now that my parents have moved here, we are able to stay in town and see the friends that come home to their families :)


First we saw the Pharrs at lunch at Baker Brothers this week! They are in from NYC and are some of our favorite people. Matt is in the running for one of the funniest people ON EARTH (in my world anyway). He keeps us laughing the entire time and the conversation is always great. I say this a lot but they are such a breath of fresh air around here! Just super easy to be with and always a good time. I'm really glad they asked us to lunch b/c we were originally supposed to see them for happy hour later that night but didn't make it. More to come on that...


Here is a picture of us with the Pharrs at their first going away party when they were moving to London a couple of years ago.


Here's a crazy story - we actually also missed the Pharrs' second going away party when they were moving to New York earlier this year. I was about 8 months pregnant and that party was supposed to be just about the highlight of my month! :) However, while our friends were seeing them off over cold beers...this is what I was doing:

An unexpected trip to Labor and Delivery that, as we all know now, ended with no Labor or Delivery. Anyway, I hate that we keep missing them but that's why we enjoyed our long lunch so much! :)


The same day as the lunch, we also had plans to meet up with the McAllisters for dinner. Justin was a groomsman and Katie read at our wedding. They live just outside of L.A. but get home to Texas about twice a year. We met them and Deran and Sarah at Maggianos for our annual holiday dinner. It was great to see them and catch up even though I started to feel sick during the dinner. Boo. 


Why do I not have any pictures of us with the McAllisters? Probably b/c Beau is Beaugarting them on his computer. Get it? Get it?...never mind.


My parents kept Grayson that night (since we thought we were going to the Pharrs HH afterward) and thank goodness b/c I was miserable all night and I later found out that Grayson was up all night at my parents' house with a cold. Good news - we are both better! :)


All in all, an awful evening with a cold, but a great day with friends made it all worth it. Miss them already!

No comments: