Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Gift - New Pendant Light!

My sisters are UH. MA. ZING. I have been dreaming about this pendant light for my breakfast area for almost a year now! You may remember it from this post. I kept talking about it and looking at it and it just never quite seemed to be in the budget. I put it on my Christmas list with other items that were more practical so I just assumed that I wouldn't get it. However, Andrea and Amanda are the best at not getting people things that they would normally get themselves. I should've known! ;-)

Here are the pictures from Christmas Eve (I only wish they could have been here with us!!)....


This is a "before" of the breakfast area (you will have to look over my unshowered-Christmas-morning shoulder to see it)....
And voila! The most perfect fixture to complete my breakfast area. And I LOVE the soft light it gives off. Way better than that sharp, exposed light from before. This was taken during the day so it doesn't do it justice but trust me, it really proves that lighting can totally set a mood. I'm much more relaxed in this room....which makes me want to change the lighting throughout our house! ;-)
THANK YOU SISTERS!!! I love you with every way-more-chilled-out-because-of-my-new-soft-relaxing-light bone in my body! xoxo

Next up: window coverings! Beau and I are locked in mortal combat over roman shades in this room. I will warn you my fellow roman shade friends, the outcome isn't looking good. Stay tuned...

No comments: