Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Giving Thanks

It goes without saying that I'm thrilled that I was able to spend so much time with my sisters and their guys over the long holiday weekend. This was the first time that we all brought someone to a holiday and it was so cool to see the boys bond over hitting golf balls into the lake behind my parents' house, frying shrimp with our dad and of course, eating and drinking. Aaaand repeat. :)



Since I could go on and on about all the things I'm thankful for, I'll keep it simple....

Amanda's twinkle - She has this sparkle in her eyes when she smiles and especially when she laughs that is contagious. I just want to keep laughing with her so that I can see it all the time.

Andrea's ideas - She has big ideas that make me want to talk to her for hours. Decorating, fashion, her career, real estate, politics, it's all in that brain of hers and it makes you want to dive in to learn more.

Andrew's laugh - Andrew is Amanda's fiance and gets the Trooper Award for being around our family for FOUR solid days and kept us laughing.

Rogan's calm - Rogan is Andrea's boyfriend and one of the coolest people I've met. He is the calm to everyone else's chaos and anxiety (not that there is ANY of that in our family! ha). He can joke with just a simple look, not even saying anything - I've never seen anything like it and he makes me laugh. Only after he's made me chill out a bit. :-)

Jeff  and my Mom - They make their house a home even if it's not the one we grew up in. It's filled with so much love and laughter (and a full fridge). We never go without. No really, you should see their inventory of aluminum foil. ;-)

Beau - he's just so good. I feel like I say this all the time and I'm left lacking for the perfect words to explain how perfect he is. Supportive, loving, positive and he has his own calm that I admire so much. And it's just so cool to see him with Grayson!

It was so special to watch everyone else with Grayson, too. Even the guys were wonderful with him and I didn't really have to parent the entire weekend! I love watching Amanda and Andrea with him - they are going to be great mamas!

2 comments:

andrea andrea andrea leigh said...

This made my day. I love you and give thanks for you, always. Tell baby Grayson that I love him!!

Unknown said...

You are so sweet :-)