Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy 1/2 Birthday, Baby Grayson!

Happy 6 months to my beautiful, perfect-in-every-way-except-sleeping-through-the-night baby! You are full of curiosity, discovery, thrill-seeking, SO many smiles and some really sticky fingers (figuratively, of course)! 


This feels so far away...yet so recent too...
(sorry for the boy parts. I should've trimmed. The video, not the...never mind)

  • You roll over from back to stomach all the time now
  • Grabbing everything - in true baby fashion, you have a knack for remotes, cell phones and anything with buttons and/or that glows!
  • The motive behind every quick grab is that you want it in your mouth! You're fast too!
  • You are still waking up about 1x per night. We had a week where you slept through every night and no matter what we do (short of hopping on one leg, rubbing our bellies and patting our heads), we can't seem to replicate it. 
  • You are responding more and more to the babies in our play group and at Musical Story Time! You BEAM through the songs and even the other moms enjoy watching you :)
  • When we put you on your hands and knees, you rock back and forth but no crawling yet. The inevitable lunge to reach whatever we are enticing you with is adorable. You want to get up and go so badly but it will be here before we know it!
  • You are eating sweet potatoes, more and more avocados, and rice cereal. Next up, oatmeal and more veggies. Mama is slow to introducing you to something new every week. I'll get better!
  • As you can see in the recent videos, your laugh is contagious and if you are 1/2 as happy throughout your life as you are now, I think you'll be just fine ;-)
  • 6 month ped. appt. is the first week in January so no new stats just yet. 
  • You are so strong! Everyone says it - not just your gushing Mama ;-) You can stand with support from the coffee table and still prefer to stand rather than do anything else.
I often think back to the times before I was pregnant and I would read blogs from new moms and they would talk about this love for their babies, and how their lives have changed and how motherhood is like nothing else. I couldn't fathom it, was terrified at the thought of change and couldn't understand loving something more than my husband (It's an equal love, Beau. Promise!! :)) But I SO get it. I cry sometimes just looking at you and when I think about how blessed we are. My heart feels this inexplicable pain when I think of anything happening to you (even bullying - you are going to have the most protective Mama!) and I thank God every day for you!! 


Happy 6 months, Grayson! A billion hugs and eskimo kisses coming your way!


1 comment:

Earlene said...

Happy 1/2 birthday, Grayson! June 15, 2010 was one of the happiest days of my life and it just keeps on goin' . . .