Monday, December 7, 2009

11 Weeks (or how she's already a water ballerina!)

 Are you getting tired of these updates? A part of me feels like this 9+ months will take forever but the other part of me thinks that I can't even keep up with these weekly posts so at this rate, the baby will be here before we know it! I have a sonogram a week from today. I'm excited! Still a little fearful of bad news but for the most part, the fear has subsided. Well, only to be replaced with other fears, like keeping him/her alive when its born and I already know I'm going to worry that he/she isn't breathing during the night. Ugh.

Here is the weekly update from babycenter.com:

Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.

She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Water ballet! That is just so beautiful . . .