Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Recap

What a wonderful week we have had! We hosted Christmas Eve at our house (when did I grow up??) and had Beau's family over for dinner. Everyone chipped in and brought food making the whole thing very easy and very delicious!! I couldn't have asked for more except for better weather for their drive home. While the constant snow that day was SO cool to watch, the weather continued to get worse. Ice covered the roadways, the snow storm made visibility tough, etc. It was a scary time including his brother having to pull his dad's truck back on the road a couple of times. Thank God everyone made it home safely!

First thing Christmas morning we headed to DFW for our flight to Corpus! Beau and my dad surprised my mom and I by flying Beau and I home for Christmas. We were originally not supposed to see them at all, which in my entire lifetime I've never been away from my family for Christmas. I don't really know how I thought that would work. We had a slight flight delay but made it home in time for their annual Christmas Day lunch - AMAZING! My parents continue to out do themselves - how does that even happen?! Hope no one ever expects that of my cooking!

After lunch we opened gifts, which is always a treat. I received much-needed maternity clothes and gift cards for more much-needed maternity clothes ;-) Oh! And I got THESE! (the second pair, that is). I really never dreamed that my Mom Santa would surprise me with these but I'm just thrilled! They are everything I hoped they would be! ;-) But really, my mom and I are so baby-focused right now that I really didn't expect anything non-baby so it was quite the surprise!

The whole weekend was just great. We had our Surf Club fix and overall, the weekend was too short. I got to see my sister Amanda one last time before she moves to Columbus, OH. :-( It was good to see her. She plans to come home for the birth of the baby...we will get her home one way or another! Maybe Andrea and I just need to keep having key events happen in our lives to get her back here to visit! :-)

I'm super sad Christmas is over. No more Christmas music and time to put away the decorations. Boo.

No comments: