Thursday, December 10, 2009

I need advice...

I have wanted to get my engagement ring re-sized since last winter when I realized that it almost falls off when my fingers are cold and shrink. Now that I'm ready to take it in, I'm pregnant and Beau tells me not to get it re-sized b/c my fingers will swell and then the ring won't fit at all. And I agree with  him. But it's to the point where it falls completely to the back of my finger and I have to remove it altogether to type. And this scares me b/c I will be in back-to-back meetings before I realize that I left it on my desk. Scary, I know! And you know that feeling when you look down and your ring is gone? That 1/2 a second heart drops to chest moment? I have about 10 of those a day. So, to re-size now or re-size after I'm with child? I don't want to lose it during these winter months but I don't want to be without it when I'm uber-pregnant in the summer. Thoughts?

This is how it has been worn during this very cold week in Dallas. It's a little gripe but a dilemma nonetheless...


5 comments:

Miller Time said...

Get a ring guard! A jeweler can put it on your ring, it's adjustable, and can be easily removed. I have one on my ring, and it works great!

Kristi said...

My rings stopped fitting about a week ago and I'm worried they will be too small even after the swelling goes down after the pregnancy!! And my wedding ring can't be sized. Maybe you can ask a jeweler if they have a temporary solution to make it fit for now. And then get it sized after baby arrives. Just my thoughts being 8 months prego right now. You probably won't swell as much as me though. ;)

Courtney Schumacher said...

I agree with seeing if their is a temporary fix while you are pregnant. With Charlie, my hands swelled around 8 months (and with it being a summer time baby, it only worsens the swelling!), but they totally went back down to normal size after a few weeks post baby. My OB told me that she's seen lots of girls who had to get their rings CUT OFF, so I decided to be very Hollywood and go ringless towards the end vs the risk of having a gorgeous diamond ring that is in 2 pieces!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks for the advice girls! I have some ghetto tape on it for now - works like a dream. ;-) Next steps TBD...