Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Look Back at 2009

A lot happened around the world this year and for the most part, anyone you ask is happy to say good-bye to 2009. With the economy falling and with the highest foreclosure and unemployment rates in years, it's understandable. Beau and I have been very blessed this year and have been largely unaffected by these crazy changes. In fact, it makes me kind of sad that so many people are ready to bid farewell to this year when it has been the best year of my life. Here is a look back at why I will never forget 2009 and all of it's blessings:


January 17, 2009 - Couples' Shower!
I have already blogged about this but again, we were SO touched that so many of our friends hosted and so many others came to the shower thrown in our honor! We loved every minute of it and it was great to see everyone! It was also the last time Beau and I would be in the Holidays' Corpus Christi home before they sold it :-(Sad face for me but they were thrilled to sell! ;-)




March 21 - 22, 2009 - Bride's Weekend!
Some people may call this a bachelorette party, I call it a Bride's Weekend ;-) Full of manis/pedis, dinner and bottle service, my sisters really know how to throw a party! Definitely one of the highlights of my year!


April 1, 2009 - I was promoted!
At the office, I was promoted to Account Supervisor of The Cheesecake Factory business. April was a great month ;-)

April 8, 2009 - New Homeowners!
Yes, we took a risk in the unstable marketplace and (luckily) came out on top. We found the perfect home for us and we like to think that it was much more affordable than this time last year. As I have blogged before, there are SO many things we love about this house - it's really pretty perfect for our growing family :-)
(picture to come)

April 18, 2009 - We were married!
The best 4 days of my life were in Corpus Christ surrounded by family and friends with a great weekend of events celebrating us! A BIG thank you to my parents for making it all happen - we will never forget it! When can we do it again?






April 20 - 26, 2009 - Honeymoon in Tahiti!
Enough said but you can look back to this post for the details  oh and this one too of why this was the time of our lives and why we WILL be returning!


May 2009 - Andrea passed the Texas Bar!
So proud of Andrea for passing the Texas Bar earlier this year! Not only did she pass the Louisiana Bar the year before but this symbolized Step 1 to get her back to Texas. And now, she is happily living in Austin!!

May 9, 2009 - Dr. Amanda Caldwell
Woo hoo! My sister's years of hard work paid off and she received her Ph.D. is Psychology! We were SO proud! So proud we didn't take any pictures? I need to find those....hmm....


May 17, 2009 - Brinkley joined the family!
Our adorable Brinkley who has brought SO much fun to our lives came home! I can't imagine not having him around to torment Shelby and to be such a cuddly lover for us!



June - October 2009 - Beau was at home!
As you all know, Beau travels for a living for his job. So, when he was at home for most of the summer and into fall, I was thrilled! He became the best House Husband: cooking, cleaning, laundry and sleeping. And let me tell you, he is one hell of a napper. ;-) I loved having him home and it's really hard to have him back on the road now. Boo.
Two things about this picture: 1) We haven't even thought about how we want to decorate our master bedroom, hence the plainness - no judgment, and 2) I hope this captures the beauty of when Beau is home. A face-planted nap with his shoes still on while Shelby sits on his butt like a little guard dog. SO CUTE!! (click to enlarge photo)



October 2009 - We are having a baby!
Baby Reynolds is due June 26, 2010 and we couldn't be happier! Happier? No. More patient? Yes. :) This sono has already been posted but once again, this is at the 12 week appt. Next sonogram will be the second week of February to determine the sex. Can't wait!


December 2009 - A White Christmas!
We have had snow 3 times in December, one of which was on Christmas Eve! It was all really pretty - even when we had to drive in it. It's crazy to think that I had a White Christmas in Corpus Christi (2004) before most people my age ever had one in Dallas!


Happy New Year to you and your family and we can't WAIT for 2010! Hoping it's better than 2009 for all!

No comments: