Friday, July 2, 2010

2 Week Updates (and Happy 4th of July!)

Not to worry, I won't provide updates every week but I want to take advantage of the time I have to capture as many memories as possible b/c I've heard from everyone that it goes so fast and you forget a lot of it!

First, Shelby is adapting to a new person in the house quite well! Here are a couple of pics (again, from my terrible phone camera) that I've caught of her....

Boppy pillows aren't just for babies!




















Shelby is also a great babysitter....when she's not trying to sit on his head.

We can't wait for Brinkley to meet Grayson as well. He is STILL in Mississippi doing the whole hunting training thing. Beau is toying with the idea of leaving him there through July for another month of advanced training. That would be THREE months away from home. It's killing me - I miss him. But I must admit, things are much easier around here without that ball of energy! :-)










We had a newborn photo session with an old friend from work. She does AMAZING work and since it's still her side job, she is very affordable! We have only seen one photo so far but will post the rest once we see/purchase them!! This was the best decision we have made so far and even though it took 5 hours (with feeding, changing, cleaning up messes, etc.), it was SO worth it!












The past week has been very busy with follow-up doctor/hospital appointments and my learning how to get me AND someone else ready to leave the house. I've done pretty well and I'm happy to say that I have mastered the stroller and the car seat! Many thanks to my mom for standing in 100 degree heat with me while I mess with those things! Next up, figuring out the car seat holders in restaurants. They all seem to be different and tricky....

I'm also still working on this swaddle thing. We do have one of those cheater Miracle Blankets but are really loving these Gerber light weight waffle blankets for the summer - and they are stretchy :) Beau is like McGyver with all things baby (well, with all things) and he kicks butt at swaddling! 

Beau's swaddle:

















My swaddle (yikes)..
While Grayson has had some great nights of sleeping 3 to 4 hours at a time (yes, this is "great"), last night was a MESS! He was up every hour to 1 1/2 hours wanting to eat and pretty grunty. I say that b/c he's more of a grunter than a crier, which is better but still not fun when you know they are in distress. That said, we had a GREAT day yesterday eating lunch and shopping with my mom and grandmother. Our first long, big day out and he passed with flying colors! He's a great baby :-) Here's a pic of him and Beau when he FINALLY fell asleep this morning....he looks just like Beau :)

















 We have a big 4th of July weekend planned with lots of family in town! My sister Amanda is flying in from Columbus, OH to meet Grayson and celebrate her and our Grandmother's Birthdays (both on the 5th). Hopefully, I will recap and have pictures next week! 

Happy 4th of July to all!

No comments: