Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What I've been up to...

Office visit
I made the big trip back to the office yesterday to show off my kid. I mean I'm just being honest. Isn't that what the obligatory office visit during maternity leave is all about?! I'm kidding, really. I have to say that I was more excited to see everyone than I was for them to meet Grayson! I miss everyone SO much and it was great to see everybody. My co-workers all wanted to ask me questions about the baby and what I've been up to but all I wanted to talk about was what I've been missing up there! They have been crazy busy with Q3 (my mat. leave could NOT have come at a worse time) and I was eager to see the new campaign elements and hear about all the drama - it's better than primetime TV, I tell you. I have to admit, my team looks tired. I can see the long days/nights on their faces coupled with the difficulty of our client, no doubt. I really feel for them and hope they get a break soon! But honestly, this is the biggest campaign to date that started July 1 and extends through the end of September - yikes! I return Sept. 1st so I will be back in the storm in no time....

Lovely meals with the parents
Can you say Neighborhood Services?! That's right, my mom and I had a fun day of running around last week and once we picked up my Dad from the airport, we headed to this great restaurant! We have all heard SO much about it so we were thrilled to try it. I just loved being back in my old 'hood (i.e. Lovers/Inwood area) and it really made me miss the good old days when Beau and I lived on Clover Lane and our biggest concern was which restaurant we were going to try next and which friends we were seeing that weekend [sigh]...anway, I digress. Needless to say, Neighborhood Services lives up to all the hype and I can't wait to take Beau when he is in town. ;-) We also took my parents for their first Babe's experience. Mmm Mmm Good! They loved it. you can't beat family style fried chicken, mashed potatoes and those biscuits!

Doctor Appointment
I can't say it enough - my OB and his staff are AMAZING! I will really miss them and even told them that I am tempted to be pregnant again just so i can see them on a regular basis. ha! Don't tell Beau ;-) They all just gushed over Grayson AND my Mom! One of the nurses made the comment that Mama is so beautiful and classy. But you know this. ;-)

Other than this, just running errands (my to do list is long oddly enough), seeing movies, attending Birthday parties, cleaning house (oh, and raising a baby) and planning ahead to Nikki's Bachelorette party at the end of August! Pat Green plays in my head: TAKE ME DOWN TO THE RIVER.....can't wait!!

No comments: