Friday, July 2, 2010

First "Mom" Swimsuit

Oh Lawd, here we go. It was bound to happen. There's something about this new phase where a 1-piece suit just makes sense. I mean, I'm the same girl woman I was last summer, right?! And I'm recovering well from pregnancy so why is my mind changing about getting back into that bikini?! Maybe because this silly little black line is NOT going away anytime soon! And here I thought it would be gone by the time I left the hospital...pssh!

I won't bore you with the inner dialogue that has taken over the past few days regarding 1-piece vs. 2-piece suits. So lets focus on the exciting, new post-baby swimsuit! My dear friend Nikki who is now a personal shopper for J. Crew in Destin has this on the way to me! I think it's a fabulous transition to Mom-hood. Fingers crossed it fits. I have never ordered a suit online so now with a new body, new size and things shifting, not sure why I thought it was a good time to experiment - ha!

Now, I'm fully aware that a strapless suit is not an option with a toddler who is clinging to you in the pool - it comes with a strap, which I will add next year when this applies :-) Until then, a strapless 1-piece it is (hopefully)! 

Oh, and a HUGE thanks to my sisters Andrea and Amanda for the Birthday gift cards to make this possible ;-)

No comments: