Saturday, February 6, 2010

20 Week Updates (or 1/2 way!)

Sooo happy to be at the 1/2 way mark! What an achievement, although I can't say I've really done anything ;-) We are making progress with things. We have our stroller (as you know), we have selected our car seat (just need to go get it), and have cleaned out the guest bedroom. And by "cleaned it out" I mean all the "stuff" is now in the other bedroom and the furniture is ready to be moved to the garage! We are now testing paint colors and I have to admit they don't look the way they do in my head! :( I'm now second guessing my one and only plan and am worried we may have to start from scratch on nursery colors. I don't really do dark paint colors so I can't figure out if the navy really does look terrible and that we need to abandon the idea or if I'm just not used to it and we need to go for it and it will all work out....this is tough!

Here are a couple of options (that I'm hating). And you can tell me that the pics from my camera phone stink but it's just so EASY. So, sorry for the poor quality....

Now, I know what you are thinking...."Wait a minute. You are having a boy and have baby blue walls and you want to CHANGE them?!"....my answer, "Why, yes I do" :) I know, nuts. But again, IN MY HEAD it is all so pretty!! Navy and cream - how could we go wrong?! Well, it appears that we may be wrong. And then there's the whole decision about what goes in that annoying little stripe between the chair rails. Hmmmm....I'll keep you posted....




How your baby's growing:

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)

He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

No comments: