Thursday, February 18, 2010

Nursery Color Update

Dare I say we have final nursery colors?! After my sad, sad discovery that navy wouldn't work, we were left scratching our heads (ok, really it was just me) at what our Plan B would be. But I think we have it! Let's step back, originally our colors were cream and navy with cream bedding and navy walls (as mentioned in this post). And as I mentioned, the thought in my head didn't translate to the walls. Oh! I haven't shown you our bedding yet! We have had it since, oh I don't know, I was 10 weeks pregnant. :-) Loved it then, love it now! Here is the link. So the cream won't change and instead of navy, we will paint the bottom 1/2 of the walls a light green color. You know, the green that all the baby blankets and sheets come in when you don't want pink or blue. We think it's a safe, yet pretty, option and how soothing are cream and this shade of green together?! Now, where I need to stop myself is painting that center panel navy blue b/c I REALLY still want navy as an accent color. But I struggle b/c that will be a strong contrast between the two soothing colors. Ugh, already too much thought has gone into this and THAT annoys me about myself! 

We thought that picking up a baby blanket at BuyBuyBaby to match to paint swatches would be wise - after all, any accents that comes home from there will blend with the wall color! And so begins the next step of testing paint samples. I hate this part - too many options!! Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Miss Nikki said...

ooooh Yes I love this idea!!!! Green and cream is a great relaxing combo and will go good with the rest of the house for sure ;-)

Earlene said...

I LOVE, LOVE the green/cream idea, it's yummy!

Unknown said...

Thx girls! Let's hope it turns out well! :-)